Lost Luggage on Cunard

Does anyone vae any thoughts on the best course of action for the following:

I recently completed a transatlantic crossing on Cunard. We flew from the US to London, spent the night in London, And then sailed the following day to New York.. All of the travel arrangements (air, hotel, transfers) were made through Cunard.

Unfortunately, my luggage was left in the hotel and was not placed on the bus for transfer to the ship. The hotel staff simply let the luggage sit.

I'm 80 and this was meant to be the trip of a lifetime. I had no clothes, makeup, hair products. I even had left the charger for my kindle behind. My son booked us in the Queens Grill and we flew Upper Class on Virgin.The whole trip was "first class".

What can be done?

Did you ultimately receive your luggage? Did Cunard provide you with toiletries, clothing, etc. from the ship's shop? Might make a difference in what you could ask them for.

I rifled through a few bags that contained clothes that others had left behind. These bags were provided by cunard. I was able to get a few things in the shops. Items were limited.

Seems to be Cunard is at fault if you made all your arrangements through them Was it just your luggage or were other passengers affected? Not that that matters in terms of what they owe you, though. Good luck. I would really hate that if it happened to me!

Both Amex and Cunard. Ive started the processes

That's good.

Also I am not sure if you have homeowner's insurance but sometimes that will cover items when traveling.

You are doing well. You started with Amex and Cunard Insurance.

I would wait to see what they will cover and how much is not covered.

Keith