Gate checking transport chair - do you have a special bag to put the foot rests in?

kokopelli-az

Going on Celebrity Summit next month. We are going to be gate checking a transport chair and will remove the foot rests and take them on board with us (Nova Heavy Duty Transport chair). Do you have a special bag to put them in? Or where do you put them?

We really wish the foot rests could be left with the chair without fear of losing them....

Going on Celebrity Summit next month. We are going to be gate checking a transport chair and will remove the foot rests and take them on board with us (Nova Heavy Duty Transport chair). Do you have a special bag to put them in? Or where do you put them?

We really wish the foot rests could be left with the chair without fear of losing them....

Have seen people leave the legs rests on the chair all the time when gate checking the chair. Most have turned them to the side of the chair rather than leaving them protruding out in front of the chair and secured them by tying them to the side of the chair.

Have also just seen passengers take them on board and place in overhead compartment. There are no special bags made for this purpose that I know of.

Have seen people leave the legs rests on the chair all the time when gate checking the chair. Most have turned them to the side of the chair rather than leaving them protruding out in front of the chair and secured them by tying them to the side of the chair.

I'd love to leave them on. They don't clip in place when you turn them to the side but may be I can secure them somehow.

I'd love to leave them on. They don't clip in place when you turn them to the side but may be I can secure them somehow.

Re-read my post as I stated that people fold them back to the side of chair and tie them down. Anytime of cord or strap should do. If you have a bundle cord that will certainly work.

Put them in the tote bag the cruise lines give out and store in overhead

Not all cruise lines give out free tote bags. In fact in the last 5 years of my cruising HAL was the only cruise line that gave out totes bags . The foot rests would never fit in a HAL totes

Not all cruise lines give out free tote bags. In fact in the last 5 years of my cruising HAL was the only cruise line that gave out totes bags . The foot rests would never fit in a HAL totes

Not true! In July I received a princess tote bag and two weeks ago I received one from celebrity in addition to the numerous HAL totes I have. In fact it is one of the HAL totes, both old line fabric and newer blue polyester? Which I routinely use to carry my wife’s Nova transport chair footrests. Perhaps your HAL totes are the mini ones and not the standard size ones we have

Not true! In July I received a princess tote bag and two weeks ago I received one from celebrity in addition to the numerous HAL totes I have. In fact it is one of the HAL totes, both old line fabric and newer blue polyester? Which I routinely use to carry my wife’s Nova transport chair footrests. Perhaps your HAL totes are the mini ones and not the standard size ones we have

So what's not true about what I posted ?

" Not all cruise lines give out free tote bags." Yes not all cruise lines give out free tote bagsNever received a tote bag on any Princess, RCCL, Celebrity, NCL and Carnival. Again this is true from my experience .

"In fact in the last 5 years of my cruising HAL was the only cruise line that gave out totes bags " Again this is true as speaking from my experience.

The foot rests would never fit in a HAL totes Being that I have only one style tote bag from HAL and not aware of any other style again this statement is true .

Perhaps the way to have phrased your post would have been to say that your experience had been different rather than immediately accuse someone from making an untrue statement.

I agree this is an issue. With wife’s folding WC it’s both the seat cushion and the foot rests. We have a large cloth shopping bag that we travel with. I disassemble the chair and put the loose parts in the bag in the overhead bin. The other option if you can is to loosely zip tie the foot rests to the frame. Given the issues we’ve had with airline damage I don’t trust just leaving them on the chair. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums