Advice for Flying from Orlando to Fairbanks, returning from Calgary to Orlando.

wendyp247

We need airfare to Fairbanks in Late July 2018 and returning from Calgary. Any suggestions for booking a decent airfare. If we book the cheaper flights they only allow 1 hour in Seattle , Chicago Or Minneapolis going there. I doubt we can make those connection. The fares go up significantly if you book flights with longer layovers that aren't as risky. Thanks,

We need airfare to Fairbanks in Late July 2018 and returning from Calgary. Any suggestions for booking a decent airfare. If we book the cheaper flights they only allow 1 hour in Seattle , Chicago Or Minneapolis going there. I doubt we can make those connection. The fares go up significantly if you book flights with longer layovers that aren't as risky. Thanks,

Yes you can make a 1 hour connection in Seattle.

The fares are the fares, no matter if you think them "decent" (whatever that might mean).

You are wise to not chose tight connections. Do you have mobility issues? I am thinking an hour in Seattle is doable. Perhaps in Minnesota.

You can also check cruise line airfare.

Be aware there aren't ahuge number of flights into Fairbanks. That will drive up prices.

Have you looked at doing a double connection, with the second one being in Anchorage? Much greater frequency of flights from ANC to FAI than from "the outside" directly into FAI without an ANC stop.

I would take the one hour connect at SEA over MSP over ORD. Given those cities, I assume that SEA and MSP are on DL, while ORD might be either AA or UA.

Also, have you priced these as two separate tickets, along with as an open jaw? You might do better with two tix, since the return also includes the possibility of using a Canadian carrier as well.

And since "Late July" is all you give us, it's impossible to give more specific advice. Are your travel dates THAT much of a secret?? (I promise I won't stalk the check-in desks at MCO hoping to spot folks headed to Alaska!!)

I wouldn't worry about Minneapolis either. It's a huge place but negotiable. The airline will know who's making the plane change.

For either itinerary, look up the flight status for the flights you would be taking on the airline website. You can see what gates are used and figure from there. But they won't deliberately book you for a plane change you can't make.