Specialty dining on Riviera

marylizcat

I wondered how many reservations we would be entitled to if we booked an Ocean view cabin on Riviera on a 17 night cruise, which is also being sold as two separate 10 and 7 night cruises? Do we still get one visit to each or would it be two visits?

Thanks for your help.

I wondered how many reservations we would be entitled to if we booked an Ocean view cabin on Riviera on a 17 night cruise, which is also being sold as two separate 10 and 7 night cruises? Do we still get one visit to each or would it be two visits?

Thanks for your help.

You could get 1 for each segment or they could stick to the GV rule

Just try booking at the 45 day mark prior to each segment & see what happens

You can always try for extra dining res on the ship at the Terrace podium each morning

You could get 1 for each segment or they could stick to the GV rule

Just try booking at the 45 day mark prior to each segment & see what happens

You can always try for extra dining res on the ship at the Terrace podium each morning

Once onboard how do we try to get a reservation in a specialty for embarkment day? Is it best to ask for our butler's help. Thanks

Thanks for your help.

Nov. 2016 we were on the Riviera in the Med. We had a 14 day cruise made up of 2, 7 day cruises. We were allowed 4 specialty reservations for the first part AND another 4 reservations for the second week. Made all 8 reservations on the Oceania on-line booking system when our category opened, veranda- 45 days ahead of sailing. All 8 were accepted based on the sailing date of the first cruise as we booked the 14 day cruise, not the back to back 7 days each.

Edited by arima22

Nov. 2016 we were on the Riviera in the Med. We had a 14 day cruise made up of 2, 7 day cruises. We were allowed 4 specialty reservations for the first part AND another 4 reservations for the second week. Made all 8 reservations on the Oceania on-line booking system when our category opened, veranda- 45 days ahead of sailing. All 8 were accepted based on the sailing date of the first cruise as we booked the 14 day cruise, not the back to back 7 days each.

Thank you, that sounds encouraging!

These are the rules for making Specialty Restaurant Reservations:

In order to Reserve Online, the Booking must be paid in full.

-The Online Dining Reservation System closes out at 7 days prior to each sailing's embarkation date.

For All Vessels:

• -Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

• Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

• Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

• Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Number of Reservations, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Sirena:

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Number of Reservations, Marina and Riviera:

Owner's Suites, Vista Suites, Oceania Suites

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suites

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

Once onboard how do we try to get a reservation in a specialty for embarkment day? Is it best to ask for our butler's help. Thanks

Our experience is that it is easy to get a reservation on the first day. Many boarding passengers are tired and don't want to get too fancy! (But always use your butler if you have one. He'll get it done much faster than you can, and you don't have to stand in line.)

A story I've told before: we boarded Marina in Oct '11 and I tried to get a reservation for 6 at Jacques, but our butler couldn't get one because at that time I didn't have all the information needed. I had their room numbers, but not their booking numbers. (I think that would no longer be a problem only because when we recently booked a last minute reservation on Sirena I only needed their room number.)

Anyway, we just decided to go down to the GDR. When we arrived the maitre d' saw that we were six and asked if we wanted to go to Jacques instead.

Yes sirree!!!! I don't remember what time of the evening this was but I think it was around our usual time, which would be 7:30. Jacques was not at all crowded. There were empty tables all evening.

Now, I'm not telling you not to worry, that it's impossible you would have a problem! Paul is right in suggesting you try to book a table upon boarding! It's just that my experience is that the easiest nights to get a specialty reservation are the night we board and the night before we leave the ship.

Mura

Yes, thanks, Jimand Stan, I had indeed read that on the Oceania website, but it is not as straightforward as that, as evidenced by the poster who got eight reservations not four, as it is actually two voyages! That is why I was querying the matter.

Yes, thanks, Jimand Stan, I had indeed read that on the Oceania website, but it is not as straightforward as that, as evidenced by the poster who got eight reservations not four, as it is actually two voyages! That is why I was querying the matter.

Straightforward or not, I'd be careful about counting on anecdotal evidence, even if it reveals the response that you want to hear. :o

Straightforward or not, I'd be careful about counting on anecdotal evidence, even if it reveals the response that you want to hear. :o

I was actually hoping for somebody who knew the rules, as the website isn't clear on the subject. However, anecdotal evidence is helpful anyway! I won't be counting on anything, don't worry! Note that I said it was 'encouraging'. Just enquiring.

I was actually hoping for somebody who knew the rules, as the website isn't clear on the subject. However, anecdotal evidence is helpful anyway! I won't be counting on anything, don't worry! Note that I said it was 'encouraging'. Just enquiring.

I'm not trying to be snippy, but the "rules" are what I referenced in Post 8.

According to them, your cabin category would enjoy 1 vist to each restaurant for each segment of your B2B.

There are FOUR Specialty restaurants on the Riviera (i.e. Polo, Toscana, Jacques & Red Ginger).

One visit to each restaurant , multiplied by TWO segments = 8 Reservations

What am I missing?

Edited by JimandStan

I'm not trying to be snippy, but the "rules" are what I referenced in Post 8.

According to them, your cabin category would enjoy 1 vist to each restaurant for each segment of your B2B.

There are FOUR Specialty restaurants on the Riviera (i.e. Polo, Toscana, Jacques & Red Ginger).

One visit to each restaurant , multiplied by TWO segments = 8 Reservations

What am I missing?

I think the ambiguity around this issue has to do with how this was booked.

If it was booked as a true B2B ( 2 separate segments) with 2 different booking numbers than OP will definitely be entitled to 8 reservations. If it was booked as a single GV with a single booking number then OP may or may not get 8 reservations - it may count as a single cruise of 17 days -i.e. 1 reservations in each restaurant.

That is how I understand it.

That said, I remember reading several posters being able to get B2B type of reservations on a GV booked as a single booking.

Edited by Paulchili

If it was booked as a true B2B ( 2 separate segments) with 2 different booking numbers than OP will definitely be entitled to 8 reservations. If it was booked as a single GV with a single booking number then OP may or may not get 8 reservations - it may count as a single cruise of 17 days -i.e. 1 reservations in each restaurant.

That said, I remember reading several posters being able to get B2B type of reservations on a GV booked as a single booking.

Count me in as one that booked a Grand Voyage and got two reservations in each restaurant. We were in an inside room. Rules said one in each.

Hey Paul,

I said in my example that we booked the cruise as a GV for 14 days, made up of 2, 7 day cruises. We had 4 reservations for the first week and 4 for the second week. So...doesn't matter whether booked as separate B to B or as a GV--same for the O'life benefits being a combination of both segments of the GV cruise.

Herb (from your June 2016 Lisbon to London cruise)

Hey Paul,

I said in my example that we booked the cruise as a GV for 14 days, made up of 2, 7 day cruises. We had 4 reservations for the first week and 4 for the second week. So...doesn't matter whether booked as separate B to B or as a GV--same for the O'life benefits being a combination of both segments of the GV cruise.

Herb (from your June 2016 Lisbon to London cruise)

Herb,

Yes - I remember you and saw your benefit above.

Did you also get credit for 2 cruises or just one on your Nov cruise?

Paul

Edited by Paulchili

credit for just the 1 cruise as it was booked as a GV. Priced out both ways and it was far more advantageous to book as a GV. Herb

It is interesting in that O treats this is a single voyage in terms of cruise credits but as 2 separate segments as far as O Life promo and dining options :confused:

It is interesting in that O treats this is a single voyage in terms of cruise credits but as 2 separate segments as far as O Life promo and dining options :confused:

I was under the impression that you only got one set of Olife perks.

See post #16 by arima 22.

They way I read it is they got 4 specialty reservations on both segments of a GV and "...same for the O Life benefits...."

I may be misinterpreting it.

The O'life benefits for our 14 day GV were the combined benefits of the two 7 day cruises. For excursions, that was 12 total for the stateroom, for OBC I believe it was $1000- that is more than if the cruise was a regular 14 day cruise- at the time that would have been 10 excursions. We ended up taking the Oceania excursions because the roll call activity was so limited- had to even cancel one of my 4 private tour because of no interest.

• 11 months later...

Just booked my first Oceania Cruise and was wondering same. Thanks:cool:

Nonetheless, that is the case. We like GVs but there are pluses (better price than B2B; restaurant reservation for each segment: can do booze package per segment) and negatives (need to pick right number of GV days to get a single allocation of cruise credits equal to the total segments had you gone B2B; if one segment price drops you're SOL on a price drop match for GV).

There are other +\- as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums