SeaDoo Sea Scooter

search?q=seadoo+scooter&client=ms-android-telstra-au&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjznaOW8NnYAhUCyrwKHc-DCPkQ_AUIEigC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=oV0QaEa4Qau3JM:

We are traveling with Royal Caribbean in Feb and I was wondering if anyone had experience with taking a sea scooter on board for use when snorkelling in the islands? I couldnt find anything saying they were not allowed.

search?q=seadoo+scooter&client=ms-android-telstra-au&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjznaOW8NnYAhUCyrwKHc-DCPkQ_AUIEigC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=oV0QaEa4Qau3JM:

A bit big to take isn’t it?

How are you going to fit that under your bed with your suitcase?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are not that large, seen plenty of people take larger items aboard. Wheelchairs, zimmer frames, gophers, etc.

The size isnt an issue...it fits in a suitcase and we have a JS with large walk in wardrobe. Its just if its allowed or not. I dont see the point in paying to hire one on an excursion when I can purchase one for under $300 and use it at more than one port and on more than one cruise. I emailed Royal Caribbean on Friday but havent yet had a reply.

Security restrictions are much stricter on a plane that on a cruiseship, e.g. scissors and other sharp objects.

In some cases that is true, but in others not so.

For eg. you can bring a power board with surge protector onto a plane but cannot on a cruise ship.

In some cases that is true, but in others not so.

For eg. you can bring a power board with surge protector onto a plane but cannot on a cruise ship.

That isn't relevant. You cannot plug the power board into an electrical socket on a plane. :) A power board with surge protector also isn't dangerous on a ship if it is not plugged in.

That isn't relevant. You cannot plug the power board into an electrical socket on a plane. :) A power board with surge protector also isn't dangerous on a ship if it is not plugged in.

But even if you are not planning on using it on the ship, they will not allow it on board.

The size isnt an issue...it fits in a suitcase and we have a JS with large walk in wardrobe. Its just if its allowed or not. I dont see the point in paying to hire one on an excursion when I can purchase one for under $300 and use it at more than one port and on more than one cruise. I emailed Royal Caribbean on Friday but havent yet had a reply.

Is this one from Costco?

If so I don't see any issues as it is not on the prohibited or restricted items list.

Snorkelling gear is specifally allowed and IMO falls into this category.

Please come back after your cruise and let us know how you went.

Cheers :D

The power board is 'allowed' on board, but it is likely to be confiscated to ensure it is not used. Why would someone have a powerboard if they do not plan to use it?

They may have just been taking it for use in the hotels, as in the land portion of their trip and had nowhere to store it other than in their bags.

Is this one from Costco?

If so I don't see any issues as it is not on the prohibited or restricted items list.

Agreed.:D

Is this one from Costco?

That's the one...It is fairly small and compact and looks like a lot of fun. The price isn't bad either.

Have you used one before? I'm curious about how practical they would be in relatively crowded snorkelling situations, which cruise ship port stops tend to be.

Never used one before but will try it out before I go (Will only purchase it if I get the go ahead from RCI). As for use in crowded snorkeling situations, you might be right...I may need to fabricate some kind of spike to place on the end to keep people out of my way ;p

Never used one before but will try it out before I go (Will only purchase it if I get the go ahead from RCI). As for use in crowded snorkeling situations, you might be right...I may need to fabricate some kind of spike to place on the end to keep people out of my way ;p

Just put a shark fin on the top, people will leave a clear path.