Sun Princess might be running late in to Sydney!

I am hearing reports from passengers on the Sun Princess Facebook that she has hit big seas (5-10 meter seas) coming from New Zealand and is running late.

She might not get in to Sydney tomorrow, it might be Thursday before she can get in.

I've been watching that pulse of huge seas come into the Tasman from the Southern Ocean the last few days. I was wondering who would get caught in it.

It looks like it will blow away by the weekend.

I've been watching that pulse of huge seas come into the Tasman from the Southern Ocean the last few days. I was wondering who would get caught in it.

It looks like it will blow away by the weekend.

Yes, 4 metre waves in Batemans Bay this morning, very rare, about 8 metres out to sea.:cool: The sound of the surf kept me awake. Sun Princess appears to be still at northern tip of NZ, doubt she will get into Sydney by scheduled 0500 tomorrow (Tuesday.)

Yes, 4 metre waves in Batemans Bay this morning, very rare, about 8 metres out to sea.:cool: The sound of the surf kept me awake. Sun Princess appears to be still at northern tip of NZ, doubt she will get into Sydney by scheduled 0500 tomorrow (Tuesday.)

She is off Cape Reinga doing 2 knots. Which would indicate that she doesn't want to surf home.

Someone also posted on FB. Princess have offered, 1 day cruise refund, $50 refundable On Board Credit per person and 15% Off Future Cruise Credit for any bookings booked before the end of 2018 which also includes any existing bookings not yet paid in full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She is off Cape Reinga doing 2 knots. Which would indicate that she doesn't want to surf home.

That position was received at 2018-01-14 08:04 UTC so almost a full day ago. I suspect she's a bit closer than that. She may be trying to go north of the worst of it.

The Pacific Eden is between Coffs H and Nambucca Heads cruising at 9knots and is due in Sydney early in the morning. Lots of catching up to make it on time.

Supposedly quite a few passengers and crew seasick.

A message from the Eden that the Captain said the weather was much worse than anticipated. Up to half crew sick and passengers not needed to put any luggage out tonight. Will let passengers know how late their arrival will be in the morning.

it is a rare event indeed for a ship to come in late to Sydney.

yes, heard from a friend who was going to board the Sun tomorrow that the ship will be in to White Bay on Thursday 18 Jan.

feeling for those passengers who are booked on flights out of Sydney tomorrow after disembarkation from the Sun....and those who had private tours booked...and those whd are flying in tomorrow to board the Sun (who now have to scamble for one night of accommodation)

There are reports that the Pacific Explorer is staying in Sydney overnight as it is too rough to leave Sydney.

We have friends on that cruise who have posted on FB that they are staying at the wharf tonight hopefully to leave in the morning. It’s a 3 day cruise to nowhere...they are wondering if they really will be going nowhere!

We have friends on that cruise who have posted on FB that they are staying at the wharf tonight hopefully to leave in the morning. It’s a 3 day cruise to nowhere...they are wondering if they really will be going nowhere!

With the big seas, they may be better off not going out until it is more comfortable for the pax.:D

We have lost a day and now embark at white bay which adds $40 to our costs for a taxi

We have been offered $50pp to poffset any expenses (what about those who come from far away) they cannot get a hotel room and meals for that price and 15% of the NET cost of this cruise off another taken before end 2018 also refund 1 day costs

Some people will not find tjat enough if they have travelled

We have lost a day and now embark at white bay which adds $40 to our costs for a taxi

We have been offered $50pp to poffset any expenses (what about those who come from far away) they cannot get a hotel room and meals for that price and 15% of the NET cost of this cruise off another taken before end 2018 also refund 1 day costs

What do you think would be fair?

You would think Travel Insurance would cover that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You would think Travel Insurance would cover that.

That's what I was thinking.

You take a risk of weather- related delays every time you travel: ships have to detour around bad conditions; airports get closed by fog, high winds, storms; rail lines and roads get blocked by slips or bridges that are damaged. It is not the fault of the travel operator, just an act of nature.