S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

DECK - Sky (10)

CABIN # - 1210 Silhouette

CLASS - C1

STARBOARD OR PORT SIDE - Aft

BED NEAR - Balcony

QUIET CABIN - Very Quiet

BALCONY VIEW - 180 Degrees Aft - Great

BALCONY SIZE - Largest Aft Concierge Balcony on Deck 10

WAS WIND A PROBLEM - No

SOOT PROBLEM - No soot at all on 7 day cruise.

SPECIFIC PROBLEMS - None, but the cabin is starting to show it's age.

OTHER COMMENTS - Long walk to the elevators. Room Attendant Tania was excellent.

Edited by Mike R 2018

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 2166

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Concierge

AREA: Middle on hump, near elevators; a plus for us as it gave easy access to our frequent spots.

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Yes, excellent.

BALCONY SIZE: Huge due to being on the hump. Loved it.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Our first Celebrity cruise, priors were Carnival and RCI. We definitely like Celebrity better, especially as we got great deals. We have two more Celebrity cruises booked now. We loved the Sunset bar at the top aft.

Edited by Kosh III

Celebrity Eclipse Sky Suite 2123

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 2123

CLASS: Sky Suite

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes; we were concerned because it's beneath Ocean View Cafe but the carpeting successfully muffled any noise.

BALCONY VIEW: Overhang is close but protects against sun or rain (perfect for reading or a glass of port before bed). The hump obstructs the view of the front of the ship and outcropping obstructs the view of the aft so one can feel a bit boxed in. Glad we were in the middle.

BALCONY SIZE: Nice size; two adjustable chairs with foot stools and full sized table.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: The view is a bit confining, but not bad. We were relieved noise from overhead wasn't a problem. Easy access to pool and Ocean View Cafe. Engine vibration was noticeable when travelling fast but it wasn't a problem for us.

Celebrity Silhouette Sunset Veranda 6310

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 6310

DECK #: 6

CLASS: SV

QUIET?: Yes, very quiet. No noise from the hallway, or from surrounding neighbors.

BALCONY VIEW: View from this balcony over the aft of the ship is amazing. I now understand why this is called a "sunset veranda". A great view in general, be it the wake of the ship or looking out from the ship.

BALCONY SIZE: Two adjustable chairs and a table. Size of this aft balcony is smaller than other surrounding balconies.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: None.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is a wonderful resource!

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

Google Spreadsheet

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

SHIP:

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?:

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

CABIN #: 1112

DECK #: 10

CLASS: Celebrity Suite

AREA: Midship

BED NEAR: separate bedroom

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: midship

BALCONY SIZE: oversized

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: None- loved the storage, walk in closet and extra space. Enjoyed separate living room. Smaller then the M class Celebrity suites- would book again for the right price. Near elevator, great location on Library floor.

CABIN #: 7243

DECK #: 7

CLASS: 1A

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent. Down and Out.

BALCONY SIZE: One of the larger hump balconies

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We loved it. Loved the "hump" balcony. Loved the location near the elevator but not noisy. It was super convenient.

CABIN #: 3123

DECK #: 3

CLASS: Oceanview

BED NEAR: window

BALCONY VIEW: N/A

BALCONY SIZE: N/A

WIND A PROBLEM?: N/A

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: None- Our last few cruises we have sailed in ocean views. We find we do not use the balcony enough to justify the higher cost. Deck 3- just down from Customer Relations, is a very convenient spot. Turn the other way and you are at the theater.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 9378

DECK #: 9

CLASS: C1

AREA: starboard, aft-facing

BED NEAR: balcony

BALCONY VIEW: amazing view of wake

BALCONY SIZE: wider than those on either side of us by about 3 feet

WIND A PROBLEM?: no

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: very quiet room. I'd choose it again in a heartbeat.

SHIP: Celebrity Equinox

CABIN #: 1601 (Hump cabin)

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Aqua (A1)

AREA: Mid ship

BED NEAR: Windows

QUIET?: NO!

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: HUGE! Biggest I've ever had

SOOT A PROBLEMGE?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very close to elevators, and directly below main pool area. Every night there was a party above, that started roughly 10:45 pm, and you could hear every word. Lots of dragging of chairs. Extremely noisy. Wouldnt get this room, even though its a hump room again, as it kept us awake most nights.

• 2 weeks later...

CABIN #: 6307

DECK #: 6

CLASS: Sunset Veranda

BALCONY VIEW: Aft

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Could hear and feel vibrations when changing speeds or docking!

SOLSTICE

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1601

DECK (#): 11

CLASS: AQ1

AREA: Mid-ship Port side - on hump

BED NEAR: (Bath/Balcony) - Balcony

QUIET?: Mostly

BALCONY VIEW: BALCONY SIZE: Over-sized - Largest of the hump balconies.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Not really - Only on cooler days at sea

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Read lot's of reviews about noise from above, noise from industrial fan, noise from deck parties, AQ Cafe ice machine (not even below that!), noise from hallway closets and service doors, etc. However, other than an occasional odd noise here and there, we were not bothered. I am noise sensitive, so that is saying a lot!

Maybe because we sleep with a white noise machine helped. We could hear faint music from the pool deck during sea days. I think the industrial fan noise must have drowned out most of it. :) We liked the fan noise. Did not notice a fan noise inside the stateroom as others have commented.

Honestly, we were out and about so much that perhaps we missed hearing some noises. To us, the most offending noise came from our neighbors slamming their door.

We are trying 1606 on the Eclipse in May. Will report back on that stateroom, as well.

CABIN #: 8333

DECK #: 8

CLASS: Deluxe Veranda

BALCONY VIEW: overlooks Blu Dining Room when looking down, clear view straight ahead, above smoking area on Deck 5 but no issues

BALCONY SIZE: large enough for two chairs and a table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: aft cabin, almost at the very end of the hallway - a bit of a hike to the elevators

CABIN #: 2122

CLASS: Sky Suite (S2)

AREA: Aft, Starboard

BED NEAR: Bath

BALCONY VIEW: Good

BALCONY SIZE: Half-again as wide as standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Nice size cabin with lots of closet and drawer space.

Only 3 electrical outlets; 2 US and 1 Euro. Cabin was quiet, but I think if you move further aft you may get noise because you'll be under the main serving area of the Oceanview Cafe.

CABIN #: 1202

DECK #: 10

CLASS: S1 sky suite

AREA: Aft Starboard

BALCONY VIEW: of wake but side view obstructed by large scaffolding for washing

BALCONY SIZE: large enough for 2 chairs, 2 ottomans and large table

SOOT A PROBLEM?: YES!!!!! Not only is soot a problem but the wind carried the stack exhaust down onto me while on the balcony and created burning sensation in my nose. Not what I expected from an aft balcony experience. The soot issue was the worst on the last morning when I decided to check out the view of the sunrise after we had docked in Ft Lauderdale. It was dark and I had no idea the deck was covered in soot. I found out later when after the sun rose, I opened the slider to step out and stopped short when I looked down and saw how much soot there was. Our balcony was only cleaned once, while in St Thomas and the cleaning crew came through our cabin to access all balconies. AS far as I can tell that equipment never moved, btw.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Cabin was exceptionally quiet and difficult to find since it's behind an unmarked door. Also, please note that I'm not prone to seasickness, stayed in a cabin on deck 11 forward for a difficult 3 days from Bayonne to the Caribbean in January with no problems, but I found the deck 10 AFT location troublesome. I solved it with mind control! and michael's club. Seriously, went down and mid ship and I was fine. Would take a lot to book this cabin for me.

Also, this part of the ship - starboard aft hallway - was near the crew staircase from galley areas on decks 3-5. Every day, but the worst was at night after dinner, we could smell strong cooking smells in the corridor. Once you've been to Murano, you know what the lobster speciality smells like and that's what filled the hall. Or the smell of grilling steak (from Lawn Club?). Interesting observation though and unexpected.

Edited by njaloha
more info

CABIN #: 1606

CLASS: AquaClass

AREA: Mid-Ship

QUIET?: Yes, however, in the morning you could hear deck chairs being set up around 7am and you could hear the deck leaky music. You could hear it but it certainly didn’t bother us. It was not excessive.

BALCONY VIEW: on the forward side of the hump so you could see out and forward but not back.

BALCONY SIZE: extra large balcony! Two chairs, foot stools and a table. Note that the deck above hangs out so this balcony and room got a lot less light but the la g size made up for it.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: loved the location just off the midship elevators so super quick to get anywhere in the ship. One day with the way the ind was blowing we got a little smoke exhaust smell but no soot. Note that there is an air handler above outside, but on sea days it just sounded like the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CABIN #: 9380

DECK #: 9 AFT facing balcony

CLASS: Concierge

AREA: AFT balcony. Muster station D3 (Tuscan grill)

QUIET?: yes.

BALCONY VIEW: AFT/wake

BALCONY SIZE: normal. 2 chairs, 2 footstools, 1 table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Typical cabin. No outlet near the bed--CPAP users bring extension cord. Last aft/starboard cabin before the door/anti room for the suite and adjoining cabin on the aft/star/corner.

So with that suite/ante-room door closed, its a very quiet spot. The only people coming to this local are your neighbors in 9382, the suite guests and room stewards. Only "noise" was one day --someone in that suite/adjoining aft with the sliding closet doors.

CABIN #: 7305

DECK #: Sunrise

CLASS: 2B

AREA: Port side aft

QUIET?: Yes, other than neighbor slamming door

BALCONY VIEW: Port side, slight obstruction down

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Slightly more shade provided on balcony due to having an angled overhang above.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1605

CLASS: A2

AREA: Port side mid

QUIET?: Yes. Under the pool deck never any noise from above

BALCONY VIEW: Port side, great view

BALCONY SIZE: Oversized. On the bump out

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Second time we’ve been in a 1605 Aqua class cabin (first on Reflection). We love this cabin primarily for the balcony. Highly recommended.

CABIN #: 9292

DECK #: 9

CLASS: 1A

AREA: starboard near mid-ship elevators - aft facing angled balcony on hump

QUIET?: yes.

BALCONY VIEW: clear view of starboard side and aft

BALCONY SIZE: oversized (largest of angled cabins on hump). 2 chairs, 1 round table

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very convenient location to mid-ship elevators and stairs. Easy to walk up to pool deck, and down to decks 3 (Customer Relations) , 4 (Opus main dining room and Martini Bar), and 5 (Cafe al Bacio). Quiet cabin. No noise from elevators. Would book this cabin again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for maintaining this spreadsheet. One suggestion, please freeze the first row to keep the header will remain visible as users scroll down the page. You can do that by selecting, View / Freeze / 1 row, from the menu.

We'll be going on the Reflection in July. Our cabin is 1079, which is not on this list. I'll for sure send a review after I get back (or while I'm onboard if I can remember, lol).

SHIP: SOLSTICE

CABIN #: 8322

CLASS: 1C

AREA: AFT

BED NEAR: Door

QUIET?: yes most of the time

BALCONY VIEW: UNOBSTRUCTED

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:NO

SOOT A PROBLEM?:NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: there is a wall cupboard in the hallway outside so sometimes the opening and shutting of this by crew can be noisy

CABIN #: 8281

CLASS: S

AREA:

QUIET?: not when stewards work. their closet is right outside. Door banging morning and night. Would not book again.

BALCONY VIEW: angled view aft and straight out. Lovely!

BALCONY SIZE: oversized. No footstools since not concierge cabin. Brought inflatables ones and pump worked great

PROBLEMS. Just steward room noise due to closet right outside door

Sent from my iPhone using Forums