Singapore to Abu dabhi 24 febr 2018

Tyrsaga11,

We are on the same sailing and we found out recently that we also need a transit visa for Sri Lanka which you apply for on-line and it is free.

You may want to check further as for visa requirements As they sometimes vary depending on what country you are from.

There is a very active Roll Call for this cruise come join in.

We ar going on this cruise and I wonder if we need only Visa to India? We are from Sweden

You are in the right church, but wrong pew..........scroll down to "Celebrity Connection" Roll Call, click on Constellation Feb.24,2018 and get everything you need to know .

A free transit visa for Sri Lanka can be obtained on arrival if you haven't already organised it online.

There is some debate about whether an e-visa is OK for India but the general recommendation is to obtain a full visa. The Indians might be happy to let you in with an e-visa but the cruise lines might not agree .

I made this sailing last year and can confirm and clarify a couple items.

Sri Lanka - The ship takes care of this and you don't need to do anything.

India - last year or most countries a regular visitor visa was required. Late last year the Indian Government extended The e-visa to include 3 seaports. Goa, Mangalore and Cochin.

Not sure of how exactly it works but from our experience each port was like entering a new country. Since you are going to Mumbai I am not sure how this would work. I would really recommend you join the specific cruise thread and see what others are doing. I would also suggest you contact either one of the visa processing service or Indian Embassy and query.

Our cruise had a lot of problems with some being denied boarding in Singapore and others that were on the ship as a B2B that were required to stay aboard during the Indian Port of Calls.

I made this sailing last year and can confirm and clarify a couple items.

Sri Lanka - The ship takes care of this and you don't need to do anything.

The Sri Lanka government has, within the past month, changed the way visa’s are handled and the ship CAN NO LONGER process the visa. They need to be done on-line there is no charge for the transit visa which is what is needed for our 1 day stop.