Gift Cards

sailingsusie

Does Celebrity offer gift cards or on board credit for purchase? I have never sailed with Celebrity before.

They certainly used to and at a good exchange rate too.

However, when I was pre booking excursions before Christmas I looked for a link, but couldn’t find one.

Yes, they do. You buy $25 American dollar units, but you pay in your own currency. You would need to work out your exchange rate. The reference number used to be C171. Unless it’s changed, you are better off ringing them to buy the units, because orders through the site are dealt with in sail date order.

I have done this on two occasions when the exchange rate was better than I could get anywhere else. Celebrity finally got round to changing the cost in pounds per unit and it became less favourable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have also purchased x2, but I preferred to look on the site to decide whether the exchange rate was favourable.

I have just been into ‘Mange by Booking’ again, but there are no links to ‘Gifts by Celebrity’ which was where I used to find Gift Cards, so it seems ringing Celebrity may be the only option.

I have also purchased x2, but I preferred to look on the site to decide whether the exchange rate was favourable.

I have just been into ‘Mange by Booking’ again, but there are no links to ‘Gifts by Celebrity’ which was where I used to find Gift Cards, so it seems ringing Celebrity may be the only option.

I can remember someone posting on here how great the exchange rate was for Brits. I checked the site. Bought 180 units. One week later after what imagine was a run on the credits, they changed the cost in pounds per unit. There was hardly any difference in the exchange rate.

In addition, be aware that you can have any unused purchased shipboard credit refunded in cash, but it will be in American dollars. On my last cruise they tried to insist on crediting my CC. I refused as it would have meant that I would have not received the full value. I had to ask the MC concierge to sort it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having looked at the link I note you can buy ship board credit and speciality dining credit.

If you purchase ship board credit can this be used toward speciality dining as well as making other purchases whilst on board or do you have to buy speciality dining credit ?

Hope this makes sense !

Many thanks.

Swabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...