What is across from 7375 on Glory?

cruisegal134

We are booked on Glory in balcony cabin 7375 and I somehow just realized that the deck plan shows an open area across from us. We have never sailed on Carnival before. Does anyone know what that is? Is it an open atrium area to other floors? The reason I ask is that I read a review on room 7275 (considering upgrading to an Ocean Suite) and someone said that the open area across from them was open to the atrium and they could hear the loud music from the 3rd floor in their room.

Do I need to be concerned about noise (if this is an open area) in room 7375? Also, for $800 more for a 7 day cruise, would you consider upgrading from balcony 7375 to Ocean Suite 7275?

That space across from 7375 is probably laundry or other "staff facilities".

$800 more for balcony to Ocean suite, 7 days? Hmm, I'd probably go for it, but really, that is up to you - if you got the balcony because you need some sort of fresh air, but won't use it every day for hours on end, then the suite might be overkill.

Thanks for the info! I would consider the Ocean Suite if I hadn’t read a review saying that they could hear the music from the atrium on the 3rd floor in their room.

Does anyone have have any experience with 7275 on the Glory and noise?

I take care of my 90 year old dad every day and my annual cruise is my only “me” time for the year. I want to be able to sleep in or take a decadent afternoon nap and I am a very light sleeper, so I need a quiet room. I am quite the party animal, right!?!

Thanks!

It seems you double posted your thread yesterday and you received a reply from a maritime expert:

chengkp75

Posted Yesterday, 03:17 PM

There may be some linen lockers and cabin steward pantries, as well as crew stairs, but most of that particular space is the area of the engine room where the exhaust from the boilers and diesels go up to the funnel.