Where to next?.....

zdad59

This year is year 3 of our regular group. SO far, we decide where to next while on the current cruise. Current cruise sails on March 10...Harmony OTS...with stops in St. Thomas, San Juan, & Labadee. Cruise 1 was on Navigator OTS, with stops in Grand Cayman and Falmouth. Cruise 2 was on Adventure OTS with stops in St,Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados. All cruises are 7-8 days.

Things we are considering are.....

1. Western Caribbean on Symphony OTS

2. An ABC Islands cruise on whatever goes there.

3. Greek Isles cruise out of Rome.

4. A Disney cruise.

So how would YOU rank the options? Would you add another option?

Help me sound like I know what I'm talking about this March.

Edited by zdad59

This year is year 3 of our regular group. SO far, we decide where to next while on the current cruise. Current cruise sails on March 10...Harmony OTS...with stops in St. Thomas, San Juan, & Labadee. Cruise 1 was on Navigator OTS, with stops in Grand Cayman and Falmouth. Cruise 2 was on Adventure OTS with stops in St,Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados. All cruises are 7-8 days.

Things we are considering are.....

1. Western Caribbean on Symphony OTS

2. An ABC Islands cruise on whatever goes there.

4. A Disney cruise.

So how would YOU rank the options? Would you add another option?

Help me sound like I know what I'm talking about this March.

Really depends on budget, the difference between the WC and the Greek islands is pretty substantial, and again the difference between RCI and Disney, again substantial, also are you bringing kids with you? If so, how old are they? Where are you flying from? lots to discuse

Really depends on budget, the difference between the WC and the Greek islands is pretty substantial, and again the difference between RCI and Disney, again substantial, also are you bringing kids with you? If so, how old are they? Where are you flying from? lots to discuse

I can’t speak for cost of Disney vs Royal, but I did just cancel a Harmony cruise for Greek Isles for a very similar price. I would agree if their Western Caribbean was on an older ship, but they will be paying a premium for Symphony. Europe may still be a little more expensive, but may not be that huge a difference.

To the OP, why not Alaska on ... Ovation (think that’s the ship going there.)

If you really can't decide, and budget/kids/etc. are not a concern, do something fun on your March cruise and leave it to chance. Put each itinerary in a separate envelope and ask your favorite bartender to pick an envelope. Come up with some other entertaining way to eliminate one of the itineraries every couple of days (voted off the ship like the Survivor TV show), and the last itinerary standing wins. I have a friend who has a group of guys that go to a different football stadium every year to see a game. They have a flight attendant on the way home draw a piece of paper out of a hat to see where they will go the next year.

I personally would take the Caribbean over just about any European cruise. We also tried to book a European cruise to make it easy for our family to join us (they live in Copenhagen) - and they had zero interest in cruising anywhere near Europe, insisting they would much rather cruise the Caribbean. We just want what we don't have, I guess? :)

Adults only. Money not an issue. Not that we have unlimited resources but a balcony room on any of these options is in budget.

I can’t speak for cost of Disney vs Royal, but I did just cancel a Harmony cruise for Greek Isles for a very similar price. I would agree if their Western Caribbean was on an older ship, but they will be paying a premium for Symphony. Europe may still be a little more expensive, but may not be that huge a difference.

We are waiting for everyone in our group to retire so we can go all out for an Alaska tour. Denali for a while...explore out of the way places for a while...a week sailing south.

I would rank the Greek Islands, or any European cruise higher than Caribbean.

Yes this x 1,000,000. My choices from your list as follows:

1. Greek Isles cruise out of Rome.
  2. Greek Isles cruise out of Rome.
  4. Greek Isles cruise out of Rome.

On Jewel.... pick the 9 day itinerary in Sept/Oct that stops in Messina and Sorrento (Amalfi)

Just curious, when was your Harmony Greek Isles cruise. Or did you mean Symphony?

Just curious, when was your Harmony Greek Isles cruise. Or did you mean Symphony?

My Harmony cruise was Caribbean. Canceled that for the cruise to Greece on Rhapsody. The dates were a week apart and similar in price because I was going from the biggest and (one of the) newest ship to an older ship.

Of course, in my original post I forgot to include airfare, so it’s more due to that (offset by the fact that I won’t be getting the full dining and beverage packages as I will be off the ship most of the time.)

Don’t think any of the Oasis class ships go to Greece (although I haven’t looked.) If they do, then I would expect a big price difference. But the ships are apples and oranges.