Ship arrival time in port

I am booked for a Bermuda cruise and the arrival time is listed as 9am. Can someone tell me if 9am is the time that passengers are able to start leaving the ship or is that the time that the ship begins their preparation for disembarkation? I am trying to determine if I would be able to make a 9:30am (non-ship) excursion that leaves from the Dockyard.

I am booked for a Bermuda cruise and the arrival time is listed as 9am. Can someone tell me if 9am is the time that passengers are able to start leaving the ship or is that the time that the ship begins their preparation for disembarkation? I am trying to determine if I would be able to make a 9:30am (non-ship) excursion that leaves from the Dockyard.

Figure the first guests will be getting off about 30 minutes after arrival.

You will probably disembark about 15-30 min after docking.

Private tour operators are well aware what time the ships arrive and usually base their start times accordingly.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

The excursion vendors meet the ships regularly. They will know more about your expected disembarkation time than any of us casual travelers. They schedule their tours for the explicit purpose of meeting us to provide these services. To more directly answer your question, ships usually arrive and tie up prior to the posted itinerary times. Disembarkation will begin after a variety of arrival protocols are completed and the actual time can vary by a few minutes.