Harmony abyss ????

Ashland

Does anyone have information if the (Abyss) is going to now block the aqua theatre views from the aft Boardwalk cabins :confused:

If so :eek::(:mad:

I've been waiting on new deck plans. We have 9727 for the transatlantic.

If I had known at the time, we would have booked a balcony with a sea view

These pictures are from the most recent RC press releases and renderings.

Blockage is present and accounted for.

Using all the renderings, my partner and I attempted to come up with something that gives an idea of what the rendering may look like without that darn Top Secret sticker! :D

a98c709d3a4b3efc2635573a595d5f15.jpg

57dd07017be209c929a52276b0fbc763.jpgd9d7c0412d683442fbe9a7d2bee054bc.jpg9ae9e6f4c31d39b7b1ef77a0f2e77460.jpg

I've been waiting on new deck plans. We have 9727 for the transatlantic.

If I had known at the time, we would have booked a balcony with a sea view

I thought we had lucked out getting the last four aft Boardwalk cabins on deck #9 Harmony...now :(

Ashland -

Take a look thru the other harmony threads and you will see some similar examples of "dry" slides. (The abyss will be a "dry" slide) The landing area will not need to be as large as a "wet" slide. The consensus is that the landing area will probably be in line with the aft B1 balcony rooms. It will need to be far enough forward to allow room around the aqua theatre handicap seating.

My guess: The slide will end right before Johnny Rockets- approx where the bar is on Oasis/Allure. The deck plans show the "Sabor Bar" shifted to the port side to allow for the slide landing. I hope this helps.

I thought we had lucked out getting the last four aft Boardwalk cabins on deck #9 Harmony...now :(

I would keep that room. I think the lower 9729 could have a less obstructed theatre view than deck 11 and 12. There will still be a view - just not the same view as the other ships.

I would keep that room. I think the lower 9729 could have a less obstructed theatre view than deck 11 and 12. There will still be a view - just not the same view as the other ships.

Thanks so much..I appreciate your input.

Thanks so much..I appreciate your input.

Same here. Thanks.

We have never been on Oasis class yet, so not familiar with layout.

I booked the Ta a few days after it was released. I booked with a Us Ta and changed to Rci Uk.

We got free premium drinks package and grats for £1375 for both of us.

Now I see why it was cheaper as we can't complain too much about the changes.

Still a good deal though. We are going on Brilliance from Tampa the we arrive in Fort Lauderdale.

Pointless coming from Scotland just to fly straight home again

Nobody knows, only speculation. Seeing that you pay more for a B1 balcony than for a regular ocean view, I bet they won't. That's my speculation.

The slide diameters will be just like the water slides. I don't believe you can see thru these water slides. The view rearward will be significantly impacted

i3gkeq.jpg

The 12329 room view rearward will be similar to the red box shown here:

2vlpf2e.jpg

2vlpf2e.jpg

12329 is on the other side.....We'll just have to wait and see how much it blocks the view. I have that cabin on my B2B in January 2017. Too late to change as prices have gone up on all Harmony cruises.

I'll get to check it out on Harmony's first U.S. sailing, the 3-day Nov. 5, 2016, sampler, before our March 4, 2017 cruise in a B1 balcony. It definitely looks like it will obstruct the view some. I'm also wondering what the noise level will be at the exit area. A lot of screaming perhaps?? :eek:

Either way, since I got in on those great rock bottom price levels, doesn't seem there is much I can do about it. I will have to roll with it but will probably book ocean view balcony if I ever cruise Harmony again. Just wanted to try Central Park and Boardwalk balconies at least once.

~ Judy

2vlpf2e.jpg

12329 is on the other side.....We'll just have to wait and see how much it blocks the view. I have that cabin on my B2B in January 2017. Too late to change as prices have gone up on all Harmony cruises.

rayeyr.jpg

Does this help? I understood that 12329 is on the port side - and stated the view will be "similar". The slide shown in the rendering is centered so the view will be similar regardless if you are in a "329" or "729" rooms. I have 11329 and 10329 booked.

rayeyr.jpg

Does this help? I understood that 12329 is on the port side - and stated the view will be "similar". The slide shown in the rendering is centered so the view will be similar regardless if you are in a "329" or "729" rooms. I have 11329 and 10329 booked.

Relax Racer.....

Since Royal hasn't released any official images....No one is sure if the slide will be centered or not. It's a wait and see.

I know one thing, I wouldn't want to slide down a 100ft enclosed plastic slide in the hot Caribbean sun. The 10ft one my kids have in the backyard is hot enough. I'm not sure royal has done their research on this one. Maybe they plan on air conditioning it.

Even an "off center" version of a dual slide will impact the ocean view from all of the B1 rooms. Sorry, but I really don't see the positive side of this addition.

By this time next year we'll have a thread that will list the least obstructed views for B1s & B2s......lol

I'll get to check it out on Harmony's first U.S. sailing, the 3-day Nov. 5, 2016, sampler, before our March 4, 2017 cruise in a B1 balcony. It definitely looks like it will obstruct the view some. I'm also wondering what the noise level will be at the exit area. A lot of screaming perhaps?? :eek:

Either way, since I got in on those great rock bottom price levels, doesn't seem there is much I can do about it. I will have to roll with it but will probably book ocean view balcony if I ever cruise Harmony again. Just wanted to try Central Park and Boardwalk balconies at least once.

~ Judy

Counting on you Judy to report back.

I too am in that rock bottom price level...and will roll along with you ;)

Ships not even built/finished yet and people have their whine on. :p

Screaming people on boardwalk, you can tell they have never stayed on the boardwalk. The zip line has plenty of screamers, from one end to the other or the length of the boardwalk:D:rolleyes:

That's called a moving blockage

Edited by setsail