Paying for cruise with discount gift cards

So I'm having a hard time finding any forums on this topic, so I thought I'd start a new one.

We'd like to pay for the cruise using discount gc's. We went to Disney last year, and paid by purchasing gc's at Target which saves 5%. But they don't have Carnival gc's.

So does anyone have advice!?

Thanks in advance!

We have done this at our local grocery stores (Kroger, Giant Eagle, and Meijer). They each have a fuel points or fuel rewards program that lets you earn free gas or cents off on the gallon. This week, we were able to essentially earn 10% reward coupons at Meijer by buying Carnival Gift Cards there. We spent $300 in gift cards and earned $30 in coupons to spend at Meijer. $30 off the grocery bill will help some.

We always try to shop around and try to get what is the best deal. Good to save money where you can!

Hi.....I buy the discount gifts cards on the AARP website or Visa Rewards website. Someone also told me they have them thru VERIZON, too. A $500 gc is $450, a $100 gc is $90 at AARP.....but they tend to sell out quickly so you have to keep checking. Last year I paid for most of my cruise with the gift cards and then also used some to put on my sign and sail account for my gratuities and spending money on the ship, (special coffee, bar bill, gift shops, etc.) Hope this is what you wanted to know.

Search AARP or Verizon Gift Cards.

You'll find at least 20 threads.

Also look up the deal with American Express ... but if you don't already have american express you need to move quickly as the deal expires 4/14

I got mine through Verizon (must be a customer) and Allstate (don't have to be a customer). Verizon was pretty tough to get as they sell out quick. Allstate seemed to have inventory every time I checked. Google Allstate Rewards program and you should be able to find out info about it.

I got mine through Verizon (must be a customer) and Allstate (don't have to be a customer). Verizon was pretty tough to get as they sell out quick. Allstate seemed to have inventory every time I checked. Google Allstate Rewards program and you should be able to find out info about it.

Yes! This! I am NOT an Allstate customer but it still works. Go download the Allstate Drivewise App and create a free account. It keeps track of your safe driving and awards you points. I just installed the app yesterday and have earned 14,000 points already with minimal driving. For 1,000 points you can purchase a $100 Carnival GC for $90. You can purchase up to 5 per day. I rec'd the ecards almost immediately in my email.This is pretty cool because they have tons of GCs for all kinds of stores, hotels, restaurants, etc...

Remember, with a few exceptions, travel insurers will not pay claims with fares that were paid with gift cards.

What? Are you kidding? And how would the travel insurance even know we paid with gift cards?

Laura

Remember, with a few exceptions, travel insurers will not pay claims with fares that were paid with gift cards.

We recently went on a cruise and used gift cards to pay for part of it. I specifically asked our travel insurance company (Travelex) this question. I was told that as long as there is a paper trail showing that the gift cards were used to pay for the cruise, it would be covered. This might not be the case with all companies.

Yes! This! I am NOT an Allstate customer but it still works. Go download the Allstate Drivewise App and create a free account. It keeps track of your safe driving and awards you points. I just installed the app yesterday and have earned 14,000 points already with minimal driving. For 1,000 points you can purchase a $100 Carnival GC for $90. You can purchase up to 5 per day. I rec'd the ecards almost immediately in my email.This is pretty cool because they have tons of GCs for all kinds of stores, hotels, restaurants, etc...

How did you earn 14000 points in a single day?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just checked with my TA who checked with the travel insurance company( Allianze) and they said gift cards are considered gifts and they would not reimburse any claims if we used gift cards for final payment.

Guess we won't be buying any more gift cards.

Laura

I have a $200 Carnival gift card that I purchased last year and wasn't able to use. I'm willing to pass it on to anyone who wants it for $190, just let me know!

I would think you would have to go lower than $180 to get any takers!

Works like a charm, thank you

So I'm having a hard time finding any forums on this topic, so I thought I'd start a new one.

We'd like to pay for the cruise using discount gc's. We went to Disney last year, and paid by purchasing gc's at Target which saves 5%. But they don't have Carnival gc's.

So does anyone have advice!?

Thanks in advance!

I searched discounted gift cards and up came over 200 threads. Not sure where you were searching.

Also look up the deal with American Express ... but if you don't already have american express you need to move quickly as the deal expires 4/14

And the Amex deal is not open to everyone that owns an Amex card, only to those that Amex sends the promotion to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

How did you earn 14000 points in a single day?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You get 5000 for signing up and another 10000 for getting the Drivewise app started. And they usually send periodic promo codes worth 1000 or 2000 a pop. Had 17000 earned and redeemed with no problem and since they have the ecard option, there are no shipping charges like with Verizon or AARP.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I have a $200 Carnival gift card that I purchased last year and wasn't able to use. I'm willing to pass it on to anyone who wants it for $190, just let me know!

We can all get $200 in gift cards for $180. If you want to do $170, just let me know!

I used gc to pay for our cruise last October. Since I had Nationwide cruise insurance I was cover d for a change in itinerary. We had a change and I was able to collect

On the insurance. I sent in my proof of payment. I sent docs that showed I

Purchased the gc on Verizon and the cc statement where I was billed

For the gc purchase. I didn't have any problems and did receive money from the ins co

Sent from my iPhone using Forums