International Boarding process in Honolulu

Trekker954

I'll be on oceania, embarking in Honolulu and curious what the boarding process is. We can board at 1 pm. but departure at 7.

Can we embark, drop our things and leave the ship again reboarding a couple of hours later? Or once on board do we have to stay? I believe the muster is at 5 so of course would be back on board by mustertime.

Another question, I know to carry on my wine and have been told officially Oceania is okay with 3 bottles (24 day cruise), although others report they don't care what we carry on board to drink in our cabin, but my question, if I'm arriving before my cabinmate, can I carry all three bottles on or do we need to board together? I know in Florida it is more about the port than the specific cruiseline policies and how strict they are.

Thanks

You can get off- of course your responsibility to get back on in time for muster and sailing. Not a ton to do right near the pier aside from shopping.

And they do have a policy in place but will generally allow you to bring what you like as long as you're not carting a case of wine on board. They won't say anything if you bring all three on yourself or 2 a piece for a total of 4. Might if it starts to be more than that.

The title of your thread is "International Boarding Process In Honolulu", and we are just curious why you call it "International" since Hawaii is part of the United States and at least through the islands and on to California nothing will be international.

Guessing....because the cruise goes west to Asia or south to Australia?

Agree, the OP might be over thinking this. Almost all cruises are international, at least one or two foreign countries.

Guessing....because the cruise goes west to Asia or south to Australia?

As noted, according to the TS's history, the cruise will tour Hawaii and then head to California before doing a sail from there to Miami. Just because we couldn't figure why and to satisfy our curiosity were we interested why the term "international" was used.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

• 5 weeks later...
The title of your thread is "International Boarding Process In Honolulu", and we are just curious why you call it "International" since Hawaii is part of the United States and at least through the islands and on to California nothing will be international.

I am fully aware Hawaii is part of the U.S. It is an international sailing, Honolulu to Miami, sailing thru the canal, central american and Havana.

As noted, according to the TS's history, the cruise will tour Hawaii and then head to California before doing a sail from there to Miami. Just because we couldn't figure why and to satisfy our curiosity were we interested why the term "international" was used.

Cruises are treated differently if not a closed loop. Sorry for the confusion.

Cruises are treated differently if not a closed loop. Sorry for the confusion.

Not really. We just did SF-FLL through the Canal, with 6 stops outside the US. Other than the passport requirement, there was absolutely no difference. It was our 4th cruise through the Canal. No differences at all.