Recent Brilliance cruisers out of Terminal 6 in Tampa.

PH8

Going on BR next month.

Been reading horror stories esp about disembarkation.

Would love to hear any recent experiences and maybe,just maybe it has gotten better?

And what about embarkation? Is that ok?

Just got off the Brilliance on Saturday the 6th. Embarkation was a little bit slow, but disembarking the ship was a breeze! We did self-assist, and everyone in our party agreed it was the fastest and easiest one we've ever experienced. But keep in mind, it was a little after 9 before we left.

Enjoy your trip!

Silc

I was on Rhapsody ending 24 December and it was fine if a little congested at the luggage area with porters. not sure how long Immigration was as we got sent to the HA line and waited all of 30 seconds. I did not a LOT of self assist pope so that our group( 1) was not called until about 20 minutes after scheduled.

friends of ours did self assist and they were already back at the hotel and on the road by the time we got off.

We cruised on 12/28. Embarkation went pretty smoothly. It was a little crowed, but not an unpleasant experience. Disembarkation was horrible. Some of the issues were our fault/some were not.

Our flight was out of Tampa at 12:00. I thought this was more than enough time. There was an announcement made about flight times. You were to contact guest services and let them know you had an early flight. In my ignorance, I did not consider 12:00pm an early flight so I didn’t notify anyone. This was my second cruise in 9 years, I am a “pro” at this, right? We received our tags that stated our number was 21 Hubby read directions saw we were scheduled to begin disembarkation sometime around 10:00am. Panic set in and we rushed to guest services, explained our situation and we were given an earlier number, 3. Thank you guest services!

On day of embarkation we arose early, had breakfast and proceeded to the embarkation area for luggage tag 3. There were several delays due to a heavy volume of passengers who decided to carry their own suitcases off the boat. My stomach was in knots as they announced each delay. I think our number was finally called around 9:15ish. Numbers 1, 2, & 3 were all called at the same time and it was a crowed cattle call. As we passed the stairs people were trying to merge into the line. This caused a little tension but most passengers managed to remain civil about the process.

Tampa was freezing when we disembarked. If you packed your cold weather gear, you were out of luck walking to the luggage/customs area. Finding the suitcases should have been a no brainer. If you had luggage tag disembarkation number three, you went to area #3 to find your suitcase. We found 2 of our 3 bags. After much scurrying around and frantic looking, someone from RCI offered to help. We went to the lost luggage area (luggage that loses its tags are sent there) no such luck. I will spare all of the details but, I made hubby go through customs without me while I continued to look for missing bag. He NEEDED to make the flight. I could (if needed) be delayed. Several customer service people helped looked for the bag. I was told someone may have grabbed my bag by mistake, or it may have fallen off cart and not brought in yet. I never knew there were so many shades and shapes of old large green garment type fold over bag!!! I finally resigned myself to my bag was stolen, picked up by mistake or lost. As I filled out the paperwork, one of the female attendants found my bag!!! I was whisked to the front of the customs line and out the door in a matter of minutes!

We made it to the airport in time, but it seemed like an eternity. All’s well that ends well. My suggestion would be book a late flight, take your own luggage of the boat if you can. Pack a lot of patience, some extra smiles and a few prayers.

... I fortunately live 90 minutes away,so I'll drive.

Since you're driving, I'd strongly recommend using the valet parking. Worth the extra 20 bucks in my opinion.

We arrived around 10:30 and although crowded & busy, getting onboard was no problem. For disembarkation we did the self-assist first group at 7:15 (we had a suite so only a short wait in the card room then we were off, the other self-assist crowd gathered in the dining room did appear quite large, so that must have been a bit slower to move out). Once in the terminal the CBP check was moving swiftly, and I really liked having no declaration form to fill out (y)

Now the best part -- gave the ticket to the parking attendant and our car was there in about three minutes. We were out of the lot and on the road (with almost NO traffic) in no time at all. I guess the key to this would be to disembark with the first group as early as possible.

Since you're driving, I'd strongly recommend using the valet parking. Worth the extra 20 bucks in my opinion.

We arrived around 10:30 and although crowded & busy, getting onboard was no problem. For disembarkation we did the self-assist first group at 7:15 (we had a suite so only a short wait in the card room then we were off, the other self-assist crowd gathered in the dining room did appear quite large, so that must have been a bit slower to move out). Once in the terminal the CBP check was moving swiftly, and I really liked having no declaration form to fill out (y)

Now the best part -- gave the ticket to the parking attendant and our car was there in about three minutes. We were out of the lot and on the road (with almost NO traffic) in no time at all. I guess the key to this would be to disembark with the first group as early as possible.

I always do valet at Tampa..well,worth it.

Ok,you mentioned being in a suite, did the concierge walk you off?

I'm Pinnacle so wondered if he/she does that( like on other ships). I hope to be amongst the first off.

I always do valet at Tampa..well,worth it.

Ok,you mentioned being in a suite, did the concierge walk you off?

I'm Pinnacle so wondered if he/she does that( like on other ships). I hope to be amongst the first off.

Yes, Amit (the suite concierge) was absolutely fantastic throughout the entire cruise! (y)

We had a family of 8, myself & kids experienced, but first cruise for my mom & dad -- Amit went out of his way to find them that morning to make sure they got to the card room ok. He really was a wonderful concierge, tell him I said HI. (Bard family, 12/18 sailing Royal Suite)

Being Pinnacle you should be included in that group, no problem getting off the ship early.

Yes, Amit (the suite concierge) was absolutely fantastic throughout the entire cruise! (y)

We had a family of 8, myself & kids experienced, but first cruise for my mom & dad -- Amit went out of his way to find them that morning to make sure they got to the card room ok. He really was a wonderful concierge, tell him I said HI. (Bard family, 12/18 sailing Royal Suite)

Being Pinnacle you should be included in that group, no problem getting off the ship early.

Thanks...appreciate your help.

I feel better now.

We cruise out of Tampa at least once a year. We use off-site parking (or did until my nephew moved to Tampa and now we have a free ride). We have always been through check in without a hitch. Super fast.

Because we do 4 night cruises out of there, we do self disembarkation and it is a breeze. We are normally outside waiting for our ride before 7:30 am.

Going again next month, so guessing it will be the same as always.

We cruise out of Tampa at least once a year. We use off-site parking (or did until my nephew moved to Tampa and now we have a free ride). We have always been through check in without a hitch. Super fast.

Because we do 4 night cruises out of there, we do self disembarkation and it is a breeze. We are normally outside waiting for our ride before 7:30 am.

Going again next month, so guessing it will be the same as always.

I too have cruised out of Tampa lots..but never from terminal 6...so your experience from there is the same as #3?

Are there plenty of cabs there- to jump in one to the airport, or is there a long wait? Trying to decide if we should make a transfer reservation

There were plenty of cabs for us last time we were in Tampa. Flat rate of $25 to the airport.