Do I need to bring a jacket?

Sea42

Nope, not another dress code thread!

We will be cruising from Chile to Tahiti next January. I'm wondering what the temperatures are like in the middle of the ocean. Is the ocean water warm at that great depth? Yes, I know it's nice and toasty on land at that latitude but what's it like for walking out on the deck in the evening? Maybe my light sweater that I use on the plane will be enough?

If you're from Wisconsin, you can't be too delicate!

Humidity and Temps are less on the Ocean, but your sweater should be fine for that area of the World.

Yes, we are celebrating our 30 degree heat wave today by taking the dogs for a nice long walk. But the key is to dress for it.

Thanks for the information!

Nope, not another dress code thread!

We will be cruising from Chile to Tahiti next January. I'm wondering what the temperatures are like in the middle of the ocean. Is the ocean water warm at that great depth? Yes, I know it's nice and toasty on land at that latitude but what's it like for walking out on the deck in the evening? Maybe my light sweater that I use on the plane will be enough?

We did that cruise 3 yrs ago and it remains one of our favorites! It was hot and humid the whole time. We took a jacket to wear to the airport and never wore it again til it was time to go home. Enjoy! It’s a great itinerary

Kathleen

I did that trip at the same time of year but I can’t recall. Photos show me in a short sleeve blouse. I would bring something for wind.

It was cool further south in Chile though. Since it is January now, you could check today’s weather. In some of your destinations

We cruised from Chile to Auckland a couple of years ago at that time of the year. For us the pullover we use on the plane was enough for walking early mornings and in the evenings.

Are you going to stop at Eastern Islands on thar cruise? It was a fantastic itinerary, which we are hoping to repeat one day.

Ivi

We cruised from Chile to Auckland a couple of years ago at that time of the year. For us the pullover we use on the plane was enough for walking early mornings and in the evenings.

Are you going to stop at Eastern Islands on thar cruise? It was a fantastic itinerary, which we are hoping to repeat one day.

Ivi

Yes, it's an overnight stop at Easter Islands so we have 2 chances of being able to make it onshore. Fingers crossed!