Need Solution for Online Check In Problem

Fouremco

I've entered my emergency contact's phone number in several different ways, but none seem to be acceptable to the website. I've tried:

(123)4567890

(123)456-7890

123456-7890

Spaces apparently aren't allowed, so I can't use (123) 456-7890.

I used the 1234567890 format elsewhere in the form and it was accepted, but not so for the emergency contact.

Wait time if I call in is more than I have time for today. Does anyone have a solution?

I've entered my emergency contact's phone number in several different ways, but none seem to be acceptable to the website. I've tried:

(123)4567890

(123)456-7890

123456-7890

Spaces apparently aren't allowed, so I can't use (123) 456-7890.

I used the 1234567890 format elsewhere in the form and it was accepted, but not so for the emergency contact.

Wait time if I call in is more than I have time for today. Does anyone have a solution?

Just put the 10 numbers of your local number, that worked for me. No international code

Thanks, I certainly agree with you both that the 10 digit number should work, and does elsewhere on the form, but I can't convince the website that it should accept it! :mad: Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow and hope that the Gremlins have moved on to a different area of the website.

Try deleting your cookies and go back in with an incognito window. Instead of signing in with your user name and password click the check in button and manually enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date. When entering phone number just enter the 10 digits without spaces, dashes, parenthesis or the 1 before the area code as in 1234567890. If that doesn't work, you'll have to call.

Try deleting your cookies and go back in with an incognito window. Instead of signing in with your user name and password click the check in button and manually enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date. When entering phone number just enter the 10 digits without spaces, dashes, parenthesis or the 1 before the area code as in 1234567890. If that doesn't work, you'll have to call.

I'd already tried that work around, but attempted it once again this morning. Now it won't even let me get as far as the actual check in page, instead throwing up a big red box stating:

The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk.

Ah well, good thing I've lots of time before the cruise. :cool:

I'd already tried that work around, but attempted it once again this morning. Now it won't even let me get as far as the actual check in page, instead throwing up a big red box stating:

The current transaction is unavailable due to technical difficulties. Please try again later or call our customer service desk.

Ah well, good thing I've lots of time before the cruise. :cool:

I do the check in with Mozilla Firefox. I have one problem my Captains Number no accepted I got red letters invalid, I Call and they say several duplicates with the same name ?????. They ask me some personal data to fix it.

if the Gremlins still present in your pc it's better call them for the fix

I do the check in with Mozilla Firefox. I have one problem my Captains Number no accepted I got red letters invalid, I Call and they say several duplicates with the same name ?????. They ask me some personal data to fix it.

if the Gremlins still present in your pc it's better call them for the fix

I've had same problem and found changing from Chrome to Firefox works! I don't understand why, but I can tell you I also had problem with Southwest.... when I used Chrome I had all kinds of glitches but changed to Firefox and everything went smoothly. Now I have both Chrome and Firefox and if one gives me a problem I switch to the other. Who knows what the gremlins are up to?!

I've had same problem and found changing from Chrome to Firefox works! I don't understand why, but I can tell you I also had problem with Southwest.... when I used Chrome I had all kinds of glitches but changed to Firefox and everything went smoothly. Now I have both Chrome and Firefox and if one gives me a problem I switch to the other. Who knows what the gremlins are up to?!

I believe that the gremlins live in the X website and regardless of OS or browser they present themselves.

I believe that the gremlins live in the X website and regardless of OS or browser they present themselves.

Having tried 5 different browsers today on three different computers (2 Mac, 1 PC) and an iPad, I agree wholeheartedly.

I tried calling Celebrity, but the separate number provided for check in assistance just rings through to reservations. After 65 minutes on hold, I decided to put everything on hold until next week and hope that the Gremlins have moved on.

I think the Gremlins still present in our sailing. Mysteriously after the CC staff had inserted my CC number in my check-in this has disappeared again. I have called them for the second time and they tell me not to worry, that my number if it is in the booking, I will be credited the points, etc etc

Update:

A week after first experiencing this problem, I was advised today that Celebrity IT is aware of the problem, which only appears to be affecting our March 18 cruise. They are working on it and it should be ready really soon, today or in the next couple of days. Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

My biggest fear now is that when they try to fix the problem, they'll accidentally wipe out all their records for the cruise. Well, no, not really, but we've seen how some of their past IT solutions were worse then the problems.

On the brighter side of things, at least we have a couple of months to go, and it's a balmy -11°C in Ottawa today.

Update:

A week after first experiencing this problem, I was advised today that Celebrity IT is aware of the problem, which only appears to be affecting our March 18 cruise. They are working on it and it should be ready really soon, today or in the next couple of days. Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

My biggest fear now is that when they try to fix the problem, they'll accidentally wipe out all their records for the cruise. Well, no, not really, but we've seen how some of their past IT solutions were worse then the problems.

On the brighter side of things, at least we have a couple of months to go, and it's a balmy -11°C in Ottawa today.

Sadly IT being aware of a problem and actually fixing it seem to be totally unrelated since last March.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Update:

Well, ten days later and the problem continues. So much for the fix "in the next couple of days"!

I phoned the number provided by Luvcrusn (thanks!) and got through to a very helpful Captain's Club representative who took the time to actually try logging in herself and received the identical error message. She took a screen shot to send off to IT with a request for an explanation (and a fix), and promised to get back to me within the next few days. I ended this call with a great deal more optimism than the last.

Well, ten days later and the problem continues. So much for the fix "in the next couple of days"!

I phoned the number provided by Luvcrusn (thanks!) and got through to a very helpful Captain's Club representative who took the time to actually try logging in herself and received the identical error message. She took a screen shot to send off to IT with a request for an explanation (and a fix), and promised to get back to me within the next few days. I ended this call with a great deal more optimism than the last.

Good thing your problem is already being addressed.

Yesterday I had luck with ours. They verified that my name matches the club and the booking so they agreed to correct the error when previously sent me with my TA. I think Celebrity must address these problems during the check-in process, because this is personal, nothing has to do with the TA here.

Good thing your problem is already being addressed.

Yesterday I had luck with ours. They verified that my name matches the club and the booking so they agreed to correct the error when previously sent me with my TA. I think Celebrity must address these problems during the check-in process, because this is personal, nothing has to do with the TA here.

Problem resolution might still be some way down the road, I suspect, but hopefully before embarkation. We can always do the check in at the port, but I'd much prefer getting it done ahead of time.

I'm happy to see that you had your problem fixed. Of course, I'm jealous now!:D

Just to conclude this story, Sonja from the Captain's Club called me back as promised to tell me that the IT team had sent her an email saying that they had fixed the problem and that I should now be able to complete my check in. I tried it and it worked perfectly. Two other problems had cropped up since I spoke to her 5 days ago, but these were also resolved by whatever they did to fix the check in access problem.

Many thanks Sonja for taking responsibility for getting this problem resolved.:D