Can you bring food on?

sassafrass

If there are particular snacks you enjoy, by all means bring them... but don't be surprised if they don't get eaten, just bring 'em home to snack on later!

I sometimes bring packaged protein bars with me for shore excursions, since my DH is diabetic and I want to make sure I have something for him to snack on if we're too long between meals. But other than that, I've learned that the snacks I bring onboard usually get taken home again!

I need to bring my own salad dressing because I have food allergies and I cannot use the salad dressings that they have onboard. Are they going to give me trouble bringing something in a sealed bottle.

Last year I tried to bring Coke in a bottle and they confiscated it and told me that I could not bring anything in a bottle only cans.

I need to bring my own salad dressing because I have food allergies and I cannot use the salad dressings that they have onboard. Are they going to give me trouble bringing something in a sealed bottle.

Last year I tried to bring Coke in a bottle and they confiscated it and told me that I could not bring anything in a bottle only cans.

Must be in cartons or cans.

They don't allow bottles anymore. Increases revenue by limiting alcohol, soda, and water being brought or smuggled onboard. What does work and I've never had a problem in 20+ cruises. Put the bottle you want onboard at the bottom of a check-in bag. Cover with crap and put a couple water or soda bottles on top. They might take the two bottles on top. Never fails. Good luck!

My wife takes A1 with her on every cruise. In fact, she carrys A1 in her purse with her, wherever she goes. (Yea, it's that good lol) ... Sometimes common sense has to come into play. While it says no bottles, of course A1 comes in the glass bottle and we have never had an issue.

My wife takes A1 with her on every cruise. In fact, she carrys A1 in her purse with her, wherever she goes. (Yea, it's that good lol) ... Sometimes common sense has to come into play. While it says no bottles, of course A1 comes in the glass bottle and we have never had an issue.

Yeah- I can picture the security person who challenged your wife explaining how A1 sauce COULD be a contraband! LOL!

Maybe you use it with the smuggled vodka to make a Muddy Mary (had my first one in England- kind of like a Bloody Mary but with HP Steak Sauce instead of Tabasco)

Yeah- I can picture the security person who challenged your wife explaining how A1 sauce COULD be a contraband! LOL!

Maybe you use it with the smuggled vodka to make a Muddy Mary (had my first one in England- kind of like a Bloody Mary but with HP Steak Sauce instead of Tabasco)

She's crazy about her A1. I mean, I am also but I don't carry a bottle with me. That's why I keep her around :halo::')

I can't imagine a "Muddy Mary" though... gross!! lol

My husband and I will be bringing snacks we eat often at home: Quest protein bars, trail mix, nuts, rice cakes, and maybe sone other low carb snacks. We follow a low carb/high protein lifestyle 99% of the time whether we are on vacation or not, and these are our daily snacks...so it would be odd for us not to have them.

Is there a salad dressing you can eat in the individual packets that you can buy at grocery stores in the deli section or convenience stores in the premade salads section? You should be able to carry those on. If not, I'd put the bottle in my carry-on & hope for the best.

Is there a salad dressing you can eat in the individual packets that you can buy at grocery stores in the deli section or convenience stores in the premade salads section? You should be able to carry those on. If not, I'd put the bottle in my carry-on & hope for the best.

Totally unrelated to your post, I just wanted to say I love your forum name. As someone who went to UNC-CH, stuff like that always stands out to me. Go Heels!

They have A1 on board. I always ask for it when I order a steak.

We bring snacks every time and rarely leave with anything. We brings chips, cookies, granola bars, chewing gum, goldfish, pretzels, etc. once when we were with a large group, we all went in and bought snacks for us to split among all the cabins, we had all snacks packed in a suitcase that we carried on, this works well for us. And we also throw in a box of ziploc bags and roll of paper towels too. It's hard to find these things when you are snacking in your room and need a paper towel. There are times during the cruise when you want a snack that is not food or ice cream. We also take some of the snacks off the ship at the port. We mostly buy the individual packages so they are unopened.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We bring the small cans of coke and ginger ale to have in the cabin and mix with liquor or just drink plain with room services lunches. Also bring a big bag of cashews, chocolate, and jelly beans to munch on while reading or relaxing. Much cheaper to bring these things aboard, plus they are available when we want them. We get free water as Latitudes members.

Here's my take on packing "goodies" for a cruise. (And yes, I do realize something to eat is available 24 Hrs. a day. ;))

Odds are, you won't find the chips, candy bars, or other "goodies" for sale on the ship that are on your favorite list.

Next, the reason you should be bringing your own munchies is the horrendous price the ship will charge you for this stuff!

So, pack your snacks and have a great time!:D