Oceania Society benefit question

golfguyhhi

I have 1 more cruise credit than my wife. When I hit Bronze, we received the $200 SBC benefit. On our next cruise, she hit Bronze, but we were already receiving the $200 so nothing changed. When I hit my 10th cruise I know we will receive the additional $200 SBC, plus pre-paid grats and that nothing will change for the following cruise when she hits 10, since, as a stateroom, we will already be receiving that increased benefit

I presume when I hit 20 and she is still at 19 that I (we) will receive the free cruise because I hit 20.

But, what happens on our next cruise -- when she hits 20 cruises? Does that trigger a free cruise for her (us)?

Paul,

I thought about that, too. If it turned out that my 20th was free and she had to pay (without a single supplement, I would hope) and then her 20th was free and I paid, the overall result would end up being a single free cruise, and that's still a pretty cool loyalty program benefit.

Will be on Riviera next week so will ask the Ambassador for their view.

This unique situation happened to me. We also met another couple with the identical set up. Both of you will receive your 20th free, quality of cabin is determined by your average. Air depends on whether you had O air on your previous cruises.

This unique situation happened to me. We also met another couple with the identical set up. Both of you will receive your 20th free, quality of cabin is determined by your average. Air depends on whether you had O air on your previous cruises.

The 20th will be at the same time for both even if one is only at 19th?

I remember when sitraveler was ironing out their free cruise; their situation was as describe previously (argh, can't see post numbers when posting - got it now. post #3. could have counted); one was on 19th and other on 20th like the OP. But IIRC theirs had an additional twist that the booked the 20th/19th, so one had a free cruise, but then booked an additional cruise that time-wise was before the previous booking and O was very strict on which was free one, etc. I might be mixing that part with another but an interesting twist

Edited by YoHoHo
add post # reference

My free was actually my 19th. We expected more complications, but there weren't any. And yes, you do have to plan carefully, on my last cruise, another crossing, the O club ambassador announced that several couples had that as their 20th.

I am waitlisted for the Insignia ATW cruise for 2019, from New York to New York, 174 days According to the O website, it says that for up to 179 days, I would be given 10 'credits'. For no extra charge, I could have booked for the entire 180 days to Bermuda and end in Miami. That would entitle me to receive 15 'credits'. So for the cost of flying home to New York, I would get 5 extra credits. I think it would be worth it to do that, I am wondering how others feel.....

Also....would I still be considered a "newbie" on O for the entire cruise, or would they grant me some of the higher level perks as I reach the days enroute required for those levels? On the other lines I cruised, they do not 'award' you the credits until after your cruise is complete, just wondering if this might be different....

Thanks for any replies....

I just hope I get to go. I am currently first on the list for an Inside...I don't expect to hear anything until final payment date in July...:)

I am waitlisted for the Insignia ATW cruise for 2019, from New York to New York, 174 days According to the O website, it says that for up to 179 days, I would be given 10 'credits'. For no extra charge, I could have booked for the entire 180 days to Bermuda and end in Miami. That would entitle me to receive 15 'credits'. So for the cost of flying home to New York, I would get 5 extra credits. I think it would be worth it to do that, I am wondering how others feel.....

Also....would I still be considered a "newbie" on O for the entire cruise, or would they grant me some of the higher level perks as I reach the days enroute required for those levels? On the other lines I cruised, they do not 'award' you the credits until after your cruise is complete, just wondering if this might be different....

Thanks for any replies....

I just hope I get to go. I am currently first on the list for an Inside...I don't expect to hear anything until final payment date in July...:)

I think it’s definitely worth the price of a plane ticket.

At 15 you get the extra OBC ($500), plus you and your cabin mate will each get a spa credit of $230.

Maybe some ATW’s can chime in but I think you’d be gold (15 cruises) when you step on the ship. I also think you’d get the perks for each segment, but I’m not for sure on that.

I think it’s definitely worth the price of a plane ticket.

At 15 you get the extra OBC ($500), plus you and your cabin mate will each get a spa credit of $230.

Maybe some ATW’s can chime in but I think you’d be gold (15 cruises) when you step on the ship. I also think you’d get the perks for each segment, but I’m not for sure on that.

Definitely agree with first part.

As for second, I believe you get your appropriate benefits during your cruise when you reach each level.

Definitely agree with first part.

As for second, I believe you get your appropriate benefits during your cruise when you reach each level.

I 've had one O cruise so have 1 credit.

But I'm booked on the world cruise and my invoice shows my perks are the Gold level.

I agree! On Princess you don't get the loyalty perks of your new status until the NEXT cruise after reaching the new loyalty status.

I think that WC (or maybe even some GV) are exceptions.

If you were on a B2B(2B) and reached higher level after first segment - that is when you would be given the benefits for next level and not at the beginning (It’s happened to me).

I think that WC (or maybe even some GV) are exceptions.

If you were on a B2B(2B) and reached higher level after first segment - that is when you would be given the benefits for next level and not at the beginning (It’s happened to me).

That's what I said. If you reach another level while on a single cruise, the perks start on the next cruise. I wasn't addressing a B2B, but it's the same - the second leg is the "next" cruise so the perks start on the second leg of a B2B. Same thing.