Exchanging Beverage Packages?

SleepingUgly

Hi - Just wanted to see if anyone has ever requested to have beverage packages exchanged for one of lesser value? We have two cabins booked for upcoming cruise on the Silhouette - will be my husband and me in one cabin, and our three children in the other. Our girls are all under 21 so no one can drink alcohol (legally, haha), but one of the perks we had selected was to include the Classic Beverage Package for first two guests in each cabin. Now the cost of two Classic packages would be more than if we exchanged for three Premium non-alcoholic beverage packages for the kids. Would any of you happen to know if they would allow this exchange?

We were able to pick two perks so we also selected the OBC. Our TA is throwing in prepaid gratuities as well, so that perk through Celebrity is not necessary for us. And, quite frankly, I don't need the unlimited internet b/c I really can't wait for us to be unplugged for @ two weeks.

TIA for any thoughts you may have!

Thanks for the quick response! I guess my "three for two" concept is a no-go. :) And I know, I know ... someone will mock me b/c we should be able to afford another non-alcoholic beverage package if we are paying for a cruise for five anyway, but I was just wondering if this may be possible. Just trying to get most out of our dollar. #cheapmom :)

Thanks again for the super-quick response!

Hi - Just wanted to see if anyone has ever requested to have beverage packages exchanged for one of lesser value? We have two cabins booked for upcoming cruise on the Silhouette - will be my husband and me in one cabin, and our three children in the other. Our girls are all under 21 so no one can drink alcohol (legally, haha), but one of the perks we had selected was to include the Classic Beverage Package for first two guests in each cabin. Now the cost of two Classic packages would be more than if we exchanged for three Premium non-alcoholic beverage packages for the kids. Would any of you happen to know if they would allow this exchange?

We were able to pick two perks so we also selected the OBC. Our TA is throwing in prepaid gratuities as well, so that perk through Celebrity is not necessary for us. And, quite frankly, I don't need the unlimited internet b/c I really can't wait for us to be unplugged for @ two weeks.

TIA for any thoughts you may have!

I would have your TA contact the captains club and find out if this is possible it can't hurt to ask! Since the classic package is $55 a day and the premium Non-Alcoholic Package is only $22 a day. Good luck!

I would have your TA contact the captains club and find out if this is possible it can't hurt to ask! Since the classic package is $55 a day and the premium Non-Alcoholic Package is only $22 a day. Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely do that!

Both times I cruised with my son when he was a minor, we had the classic alcohol package as a perk. We we arrived at the port for check-in, he was given the premium non-alcohol package. I didn't even have to ask. I don't know if that is the policy, but it can definitely be done!

I don't know where you are from but I understand that the Celebrity rules are different if you are sailing within Europe (or Asia, Australia etc) depending on the age of your family.

The drinking age here is 18 for the young person being able to purchase alcohol on their own.

Just for information in case you are travelling in the Uk young people aged 16 to 18 may also drink limited wine, beer or cider but only with a meal if it is purchased & supervised by an older guest.

21 seems quite a high age limit, forbidden fruit comes to mind. :)

If one has the Classic Drink Package as a perk from Celebrity, from what has been noted in past posts, it is not an issue to "downgrade" to a Premium Non-Alcoholic Drink Package. The question then becomes, will Celebrity "refund" your on board account with $30/day OBN ($55 for Classic Drink - $22 for Premium Non-Alcoholic Drink). Recall reading on some past posts that this was possible to done on board at Guest Services, but had to do it as soon as one boarded. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.