New to NCL cruise.

Slk123pkt

I think my top tip would be to go with the flow. Things don't always work the way they're supposed to when you have 2,400 people all trying to do the same thing at once. If you have a positive, go with the flow attitude then your whole vacation will be a whole lot better! It is what you make it and if you go into it with a crummy attitude, you will have a crummy vacation.

Second tip, don't over pack! I'm still working on that one personally.

It's going to be awesome! You'll have an amazing time!

My top tip would be to peruse these boards up until your cruise. I have learned SO MUCH info from these boards that have helped me out so much. Pass up the subjects you have no interest in knowing and click and read the ones that you think "That's a good question that I'd like to know also" And my second tip would be to just have fun. Like someone else said, don't sweat the small stuff, cruising is a blast.

Join the Roll Call for your cruise. There are likely to be lots of families already talking about the different events taking place on board the ship for sailing and which excursions they are planning to do.

Most importantly enjoy this special time as a family.

Hi al!! My family and I (husband and 5kids) are on the 11/11 Gen sailing. Looking for any advice or TOP TIP from those of you whom are frequent cruisers. TIA!!:)

My TOP TIP would be to leave the kids at home. (Just Kidding).

I am going to assume your kids are young-ish.

Top tip would be to let the kids be adventurous. In the dining rooms, let them order 2 different things and try new stuff. "I cant make up my mind...I want this, I want that. ORDER BOTH !!!" In the main dining areas, you can do this without any issues or costs. Specialty dining is a different story....it might cost a little. My boys used to order 2 of their favorite desserts (why not?)

My kids "Evolved" greatly every vacation we took. Let them off the leash a little. This is a great chance for them to grow.

We always had 2 general rules for vacations.....1) No Fighting or arguing. 2) Things will happen. Roll with it and dont let anything ruin the good time. Build memories, not stress.

Take some cash or credit card on day 1 embarkation becuase the all inclusive drinks etc dont start until after ship gets out to sea. they will hold a charge, but then credit it back once out.

One last thing. Take a backpack with on day of embarkation with kids swim suits, sunscreen etc. in it. Luggage might not arrive right away but kids can immediately start having pool fun once on board. and most importantly...you can relax and have a cocktail (the Capt. is driving, you arent)

Enjoy your trip.

Take some cash or credit card on day 1 embarkation because the all inclusive drinks etc don't start until after ship gets out to sea. they will hold a charge, but then credit it back once out.

Can someone explain this please. I hadn't heard about this before. So you have to pay before they set sail, but you get it credited back? I wonder why they do this.

Can someone explain this please. I hadn't heard about this before. So you have to pay before they set sail, but you get it credited back? I wonder why they do this.

Its only for that period of 12pm til sail on day of departure. Its got something to do with sales tax in the USA.

If you are sailing from a US port- say Miami- your drinks are charged whatever the local, state (or both) sales taxes. Once you are in open then Norwegian is no longer required to pay sales tax on drinks sold. The amount of tax on each drink will depend on the price of the drink and what that particular sales tax rate is. It is usually just a couple of dollars per drink.

Its only for that period of 12pm til sail on day of departure. Its got something to do with sales tax in the USA.

If you are sailing from a US port- say Miami- your drinks are charged whatever the local, state (or both) sales taxes. Once you are in open then Norwegian is no longer required to pay sales tax on drinks sold. The amount of tax on each drink will depend on the price of the drink and what that particular sales tax rate is. It is usually just a couple of dollars per drink.

So, if I have the Ultimate Drink Package (?), I must pay just the taxes of my drinks before I sail (it will be added to my account) but not for the drinks? Or, do I pay for the drinks and taxes?