Hong Kong Airport Lounges - depart from HK

I Love Carbs

Will disembark from the Voyager of the Seas on August 19th and have a long wait at Hong Kong International airport prior to our 5:30 pm flight back to Canada. Does anyone have any information on the airport lounges offered at the airport. We're flying Air Canada but I don't see any lounge for AC passengers. I see a Plaza premium lounge on the airport website. Is this lounge for all passengers? Do you need to make reservations to get in? Seems like shower facilities are also available? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I looked into Plaza Premium. They have three lounges, one for arrivals and two for departures. They both have showers, but one is better than the other because it has more showers, so constant availability. If you have a Priority Pass, those two are free. Food and alcohol are included, but neither is that great. I am pretty sure you can book the lounge for $49 per person ahead of time (online). American Express has a new Centuriion Lounge there as well, which is much nicer (food and facilities are excellent) and available only for Centurion or Platinum card holders. There are videos online for both Plaza Premium and Centurion. The Plaza Premium video will show you which of the two lounges is nicer.

We're flying Air Canada but I don't see any lounge for AC passengers.
It is practically certain that AC provides lounge access at HKG, but you might have to look on AC's website or do some Internet searching to find out which one (or someone here might know).

That assumes, of course, that you're eligible to lounge access by booked cabin or by frequent flyer status.

IIRC the Plaza Premium lounges in Departure are next to each other. Went to the first one on an earlier segment of my trip. Went to it again and the receptionist said it was full and directed us to the second. As far as I can tell they look identical. I had Priority Pass via Chase.

By Hong Kong standards the food was so-so; but my Chinese wife like the noodle soup and got two bowls.

As an alternate option, especially if it's not a complimentary lounge access at HKIA flying Air Canada, you might want to take a taxi with luggage to the Kowloon Airport Express Station to do city check-in, dropped off luggage (keep your carry-on/personal items, of course ... for cabin use) and get your airline boarding passes & seating assignments reconfirmed, etc. - and, explore the nearby Tsim Sha Tsui area, enjoy a nice lunch on the waterfront, etc. Then, return to the AE Station in Kowloon West (via one of the shuttle stop or a short taxi ride, etc.) - itself on top of a multi-level upscale shopping mall with food court, etc. & air-conditioned/climate controlled ... take the 24 or 25 minutes AE train ride to the airport in the mid afternoon, proceed to immigration/border control, customs & then security screening - out to the departure gate, with secondary 3-1-1 security screening for all USA-bound flights before boarding, usually at 45 minutes prior to push-back from the gate.

These airport lounges can be crowded and busy, especially during peak travel time with international departures ...

Thank you everyone for your replies. Since we're flying Economy, most likely no access to any Air Canada lounge at HKIA. Will look further into the Plaza Premium lounges or depending on the weather, just might take mk8288's suggestion to dropped our luggage off at the Kowloon Airport Express Station and enjoy Tsim Sha Tsui for a few hours before heading out to the airport for our flight home.