Infinite Verandas - Who Knew?

vtcruising

Maybe I’m misunderstanding some of the comments, but I believe the second white rack on the lower left side of the closet is a second hanger bar, intended for shorter items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Initially, I thought the same thing, but it seems too close to the back wall to allow space for hangers. Of course, I may be wrong because the video angle may be misleading, and I may be short an espresso or two;)

Initially, I thought the same thing, but it seems too close to the back wall to allow space for hangers. Of course, I may be wrong because the video angle may be misleading, and I may be short an espresso or two;)

I think that bar is moveable - so you can either put it down to hand short items, or if you fold it up, it allows space to hand long garments. The other ships have this kind of bar. Above the drawers/safe would be another bar where one would be able to only hang short items.

I think that bar is moveable - so you can either put it down to hand short items, or if you fold it up, it allows space to hand long garments. The other ships have this kind of bar. Above the drawers/safe would be another bar where one would be able to only hang short items.

Thanks. That’s nice to know. I haven’t noticed them in the other X ships, perhaps because I’ve only needed the upper rod.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding some of the comments, but I believe the second white rack on the lower left side of the closet is a second hanger bar, intended for shorter items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what we were told on one of our cruises..At first I thought it was a some type of luggage rack

In actuality it is useless!

Would be great if someone on a preview cruise who is bringing a tape measure could measure usable closet width...and then ask someone to measure an S Class and an M class...just to compare..

VT????

I've got my measuring tape packed. I plan to measure the closets and drawers in whatever cabins I can get into. Someone said that on the pre-pre-cruises to nowhere there are empty cabins that we can look at (since TAs and media are onboard). I'm really hoping that is so. I am bringing little bottles of VT Maple Syrup to reward anyone who appears amenable to letting me take a quick peek at their cabins. On my first cruise I won't find out my cabin type until mid-October. I am hoping for an IV so I can measure the most prevalent cabin on the ship to my heart's desire. :D

I've seen some measurements on S Class closets on here, but it was years ago. Maybe we can enlist some people cruising on S and M Class ships to do the measurements this fall. I will be in an M Class AQ in March, but would be nice to find out sooner. I have a tape measure app on my phone (My Measures) so anyone could measure without taking a measuring tape with them. Any volunteers to do S and M Class closet measuring? :D

Thanks. That’s nice to know. I haven’t noticed them in the other X ships, perhaps because I’ve only needed the upper rod.

I wish I had pics of closets. You might not have noticed as the bar might have already been in the up position. But here is a video I found. You can see the bar raised up.

I wish I had pics of closets. You might not have noticed as the bar might have already been in the up position. But here is a video I found. You can see the bar raised up.

Thanks..Mystery Solved

We'll just flip them up...

BtW...nice staterooms on EQ..may look older but the wood is beautiful and sturdy looking, the decor is pleasant , nice countertops, good lighting, ..Wonder what the re- design will do to them? But that's a topic for the Revolution thread..

Thanks..Mystery Solved

We'll just flip them up...

BtW...nice staterooms on EQ..may look older but the wood is beautiful and sturdy looking, the decor is pleasant , nice countertops, good lighting, ..Wonder what the re- design will do to them? But that's a topic for the Revolution thread..

I think X will not do much to the cabins during the "revolution". The S class cabins are in good shape. There might be some new bedding or carpeting, but that is about all IMO. The public spaces on the other hand will be transformed....

Thanks for the video. I’ve never noticed one of those in the closets. They must have been in the up position. Having always had some long hanging items, and plenty of closet space, we wouldn’t have used it anyway. Edge may be a different story, so it’s good to know our options:)

After seeing Lloyd's photos of most aspects of an infinite veranda, my impressions are:

Favorable- the leg-shaving bar in the shower, the arm rest on the sofa, the overall look of the cabin, thermostat, veranda options

Unfavorable- lack of drape, charger box, no drawer below vanity, no closed shelves in bathroom,

TBD- storage, hair dryer access, places to hang hand-washed dainties for drying

In case people don't follow Lloyd's thread, here are a few great pictures of an IV.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Many thanks for those photos.

Have to say I am stunned re the wardrobe / closet. I hope that the photos make the hanging space look smaller than it is as there seems a really limited amount of space. I dread to think how many coat hangers we get to go with it !!! Am a bit shocked really. I can see us having to keep some stuff in the suitcases under the bed !!!!

PS Are you sure that that white bar thing flips up? It looks pretty solid to me

Can't tell for sure, but that bar in the middle of the closet doesnt look to me like its going to lift up.

Just thought the same thing. If it doesn't there isn't a lot of space to hang anything long. Hubby is wondering if they are going to offer a free ironing service with every IV cabin ;-)

Just thought the same thing. If it doesn't there isn't a lot of space to hang anything long. Hubby is wondering if they are going to offer a free ironing service with every IV cabin ;-)

I agree. The small bar next to the drawers does not look like it will flip up like it does on the S class ships. That does leave little space for really long items.

Can we bring tools? We actually do bring a small kit..just in case.

Re the telphone / bed by bath:

I looked at the bed by Veranda photos again . The telephone on the larger night stand next to the Veranda door, seems to have a very very long cord. I hope that is what we get, so we can run that under the bed and set up the phone on the smaller nightstand, more centered in the room....

I posted this( see below) on Lloyds thread but maybe it was a better fit here...some threads are overlapping as we learn more and more folks join in

Here is an old video of an IV Room mock up. It doesn't show inside the closet but at the beginning when he is walking into the room that lower corner cabinet does look like the right side edge has a lip on it as if you could pull to open it, time will tell...

Also as I expected at around the 2:54 mark you can see the desk does slide into the dresser revealing the full length mirror.

Many thanks for sharing that link and the resultant refresher. Now that we have photos from the actual (albeit unfinished) product, it’s pretty clear that the cabin mockups are strikingly similar to the real staterooms. This video is now, more than ever, a nice resource. Thanks again.

Thanks for the refresher video

We are probably going to need to utilize the counter space full time, so the pull out desk may have to stay put -----if it is not an impediment around other furniture.

The AQ stateroom used up space with the larger bed and it seems other usual amenities are diminished. The Veranda is also smaller than S class...

Cabins used to have the wall mirror in a spot where you didn't have to collapse furniture and move a chair in order to use it..

And can somebody clarify the height of the Veranda table? We may be having breakfast on the bed!

Edited by hcat

Two captures of the sliding desk in various states of recession from Affluent Journeys' video. Most hard furnishings in the IV video appear very similar to the photos from the recent onboard TA preview. Interesting to see that the power box seems to have changed ever so slightly from what is seen in these videos.

#1 [from Sky Suite]

video link:

table.png

#2 [infinite Veranda, from prior video helpfully linked to by LouTheGlue]

table2.png