Ffryes Beach

jonsmom

I'm not sure about taxis. We took the RCL excursion that went there and we thought it was very nice. They charged an extra $10 for the umbrella, but the chairs and lunch, as well as two drinks each, were included in the cost we paid. The beach was nice, though I overheard some others complaining that it wasn't the best beach in Antigua. It didn't have a steep drop off, my son was able to get in and out quite easily. There were some rough waves that he really enjoyed jumping around in. There were a number of vendors on the beach but they left us alone after we said no thank you.

I'm not sure about taxis. We took the RCL excursion that went there and we thought it was very nice. They charged an extra $10 for the umbrella, but the chairs and lunch, as well as two drinks each, were included in the cost we paid. The beach was nice, though I overheard some others complaining that it wasn't the best beach in Antigua. It didn't have a steep drop off, my son was able to get in and out quite easily. There were some rough waves that he really enjoyed jumping around in. There were a number of vendors on the beach but they left us alone after we said no thank you.

Thanks - I am on the fence between this beach and Beach Limerz.

• 4 months later...

We aren't going til next April

I think that particular beach is far from cruise terminal.

There is a private excursion company that will take you on a beach tour of several beaches or single beach. I think what we may do is an island tour then beach afterwards.

Antigua is our first stop on this cruise and I don't want to ruin the rest of my vacation with a sunburn.

Easy does it...what are you looking to do?

Funny I thought Ffryes beach was the one closest to the port. I guess I better check that out. It's the 3th day of our cruise of a very port intensive cruise. So far we've planned shopping in St. Martin Day 1 (got to get the tequila and cigars); day 2 - reggae beach bar in St. Kitts (repeat visit from 2014); Day 3 is antigua; Day 4: St lucia, i thinkwe are going to Viggie beach; day 5: Barbabos we are going to Pirate's cove, day 6 at sea. We are a group of 14 most of which enjoy the beach but need some shade too. A few of us are interested in snorkeling the rest are happy with an umbrella and a beach chair and a drink with an umbrella in it.

Funny I thought Ffryes beach was the one closest to the port. I guess I better check that out. It's the 3th day of our cruise of a very port intensive cruise. So far we've planned shopping in St. Martin Day 1 (got to get the tequila and cigars); day 2 - reggae beach bar in St. Kitts (repeat visit from 2014); Day 3 is antigua; Day 4: St lucia, i thinkwe are going to Viggie beach; day 5: Barbabos we are going to Pirate's cove, day 6 at sea. We are a group of 14 most of which enjoy the beach but need some shade too. A few of us are interested in snorkeling the rest are happy with an umbrella and a beach chair and a drink with an umbrella in it.

I agree about the shade. We are doing an Ultimate 10 day Caribbean. 5 port days -bookended with 2 sea days on each end.

Antigua first - island tour/beach

Barbados - Calabaza Catamaran

St. Kitts - Unsure

St. Lucia - Viggie Beach

St. Martin - Great Bay Beach which is supposed to be close to the pier

We have only visited St. Martin about 16 years ago. The rest are all new to us. Looking forward to the change from Eastern/Western

Wow your itinerary sounds great and yes, we are very much looking forward to visiting new islands as well. If you need a recommendation for St. Kitts, we have used Liz Pereira Tours in the past and I highly recommend her. She is on FB and she has received great reviews on Trip Advisor. I love a sea day on each end of the cruise.

Wow your itinerary sounds great and yes, we are very much looking forward to visiting new islands as well. If you need a recommendation for St. Kitts, we have used Liz Pereira Tours in the past and I highly recommend her. She is on FB and she has received great reviews on Trip Advisor. I love a sea day on each end of the cruise.

t

Thanks for the recommendation but I have seen more negative reviews on Liz Pereira Tours.

• 3 weeks later...

We took a private excursion company to Frey’s Beach in November and I have to say it was exactly what we wanted. The beach was soft, the water clear, and best of all not crowded. There is little to do there other than sun and swim. Our tour had a lunch provided which was cooked there. The island people were so friendly. I don’t remember anyone selling things but I could be wrong. The ship excursion gots to a different spot on Ffryes. The trip there was about 20 minutes.

We took a private excursion company to Frey’s Beach in November and I have to say it was exactly what we wanted. The beach was soft, the water clear, and best of all not crowded. There is little to do there other than sun and swim. Our tour had a lunch provided which was cooked there. The island people were so friendly. I don’t remember anyone selling things but I could be wrong. The ship excursion gots to a different spot on Ffryes. The trip there was about 20 minutes.

Do you remember the company's name? We've got a booking right now with ShoreExcursioneer, but I like to eliminate the "middle man" if possible.

I agree about the shade. We are doing an Ultimate 10 day Caribbean. 5 port days -bookended with 2 sea days on each end.

Antigua first - island tour/beach

Barbados - Calabaza Catamaran

St. Kitts - Unsure

St. Lucia - Viggie Beach

St. Martin - Great Bay Beach which is supposed to be close to the pier

We have only visited St. Martin about 16 years ago. The rest are all new to us. Looking forward to the change from Eastern/Western

Hi

Since you are unsure about St Kitts, we have gone to Carambola Beach club several times and really enjoyed it.

Nice beach, clean bathrooms and changing rooms, outdoor shower, restaurant and bar.

Lounge chairs and umbrellas for rent.

Email them in advance to reserve then pay when you arrive. No charge to go in, just for chairs and umbrellas. Cabs available at the pier to take you.

Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Since you are unsure about St Kitts, we have gone to Carambola Beach club several times and really enjoyed it.

Nice beach, clean bathrooms and changing rooms, outdoor shower, restaurant and bar.

Email them in advance to reserve then pay when you arrive. No charge to go in, just for chairs and umbrellas. Cabs available at the pier to take you.

Thanks for your reply - do your remember how long the taxi ride was and how much it was?

Enjoy

Thanks for your reply. How long a taxi ride was it and how much was it.

Thanks for your reply - do your remember how long the taxi ride was and how much it was?

• 4 weeks later...

Look north of the port, Ft Howard, Runaway, Dickerson are all closer then Ffryes.

Hi

It was $4 per person each way to Carambola.

Maybe a 15/20 minute ride.

They fill the taxi before they go and also will arrange to come back for you if you want.

Hi

Enjoy

Hi—How is the beach at Carambola? Is there a steep drop off when entering and exiting the water? Thanks...

Hi—How is the beach at Carambola? Is there a steep drop off when entering and exiting the water? Thanks...

Hi

No, there wasn’t a steep drop in and out of the water when we were there.

Noreen

Do you remember the company's name? We've got a booking right now with ShoreExcursioneer, but I like to eliminate the "middle man" if possible.

Perhaps you would like a recommendation for St Lucia. We went on Spencer Ambrose's Land and Sea Tour and had a great time. I did the mud bath option. The tour was excellent from beginning to end.