Lounge chairs/Umbrellas on Beach

Donald & Daisy Duck

Any beaches where you can rent a lounge chair and an umbrella for the day? Or does anyone know of a hotel that offers a "day room" to book with use of their beach

There are 2 private resorts that offer day passes. The resorts are Coco Reef Resort and Elbow Beach Resort. The day passes are offered by Resort for a Day.

SBtS

1 US dollar = 1 Bahamian dollar

They are happy to take US dollars. And probably Euros also. :D

Bahamian? The don’t take those in Bermuda.

US and Bermuda dollars are equivalent. The Bermuda dollar is pegged to the US dollar. That is why they take US. I doubt they would take Euros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typing while working. :D

Bermudian.

Although I bet they would take Bahamian :D

No, the only foreign currency accepted is US dollars.

This is a page from the most authoritative and comprehensive website about Bermuda, Bermuda Online : http://www.bermuda-online.org/money.htm

Note the caption in large type near the top of the page:

Visitors from all countries should always bring only US currency notes and coins, usable island-wide

Individuals may take any currency that they would like to accept. And 1 Bahamian dollar also = $1US

And in many tourist areas, they take all sorts.

Yes, to be SURE it will be accepted, take US dollars.

Individuals may take any currency that they would like to accept. And 1 Bahamian dollar also = $1US

And in many tourist areas, they take all sorts.

Yes, to be SURE it will be accepted, take US dollars.

It doesn't matter what is accepted in "many tourist areas", it matters what foreign currency is accepted in Bermuda, and the only foreign currency you can be certain about in Bermuda is the US dollar.

How a particular currency is valued versus the US dollar is totally irrelevant to whether it will be accepted in a particular country.

Edited by njhorseman

It doesn't matter what is accepted in "many tourist areas", it matters what foreign currency is accepted in Bermuda, and the only foreign currency you can be certain about in Bermuda is the US dollar.

How a particular currency is valued versus the US dollar is totally irrelevant to whether it will be accepted in a particular country.

Are you arguing just to argue?

Yes, the only official currencies accepted are Bermudian and US. As I have said, you MAY be able to use other currencies at various shops or venues. And my point was, since the Bahamian dollar is also tied to the USD, it makes it easy for them to do the exchange rate.

In other countries, the only officially accepted currency is the local currency, but many people accept USD or Euro or other hard currency.

YMMV.

Are you arguing just to argue?

Yes, the only official currencies accepted are Bermudian and US. As I have said, you MAY be able to use other currencies at various shops or venues. And my point was, since the Bahamian dollar is also tied to the USD, it makes it easy for them to do the exchange rate.

In other countries, the only officially accepted currency is the local currency, but many people accept USD or Euro or other hard currency.

YMMV.

I think it could be said you are the one arguing to argue. Not njhorseman. Possibly you might find someone in Bermuda who would accept Euros or other currencies but I doubt it. None has ever reported such. This discussion is about what happens in Bermuda, not what happens in some other countries.

Edited by Charles4515

Post #6 said $40 to $45 for chairs and umbrella.

Not convinced Post #6 is correct. Last few times I was at Tobacco Bay they didn’t rent chairs and separate umbrellas. They rented chairs with a canopy. They charged $15 for one and $25 for two. That was not this year so possibly the type of chairs and rental price has gone up. I would like to hear further confirmation about the current prices.