Aurea drinks package - upgrade?

LadyGisbourne

Hi MSC cruisers,

It's our first time on MSC (Fantasia) in October and we have an Aurea experience which includes a drinks package.

2 questions - is there a definitive list of what is/isn't included in the package? And is it possible to upgrade the package to a higher one please?

Thanks in advance

Tracy

You need to hunt down menus from your ship which will undoubtedly be on other threads. It's possible to upgrade but having discussed this on Meraviglia threads it's expensive and all in a the cabin have to upgrade.

If you log on to your booking online it broadly tells you what's included. Typically it's a draught lager ( Heineken) a draught Ale, 2 white, 2 red and a rosa wine by the glass, cocktails, spirits, soft drinks, ice cream, coffees etc. If you find any menus just look for those drinks without an asterisk next to them they are included in your package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can upgrade onboard and you pay the difference between the standard all inclusive bars and restaurants package (previously alegrissimo) and the premium all inclusive restaurants and bars - the difference is about 13euro per day, plus 15euro service charge.

Depending what you like to drink it may or may not be worth the upgrade; if I were in your position, get a taste for what is included by looking at the menus as Rossco says and take the decision from there. If you're a wine or beer drinker you might want to upgrade to have a greater choice

The Aurea package used to come with the Allegrissimo package, depending on where you are sailing the package is different as is what is included, they have removed the sweet and dry sparkling wine by the glass as I learned this last week direct from MSC.

We also have the Aurea package on Seaside in December.

[quote name=1fifthavenue;53551015............the difference is about 13euro per day' date=' plus 15euro service charge.

[/quote]

The difference is actually €24 pppd + 15% - €50-€26 = €24.

Tracy .................... everything on the bar menus without an asterisk is included in your package. Items with one asterisk are included in the deluxe (premium) package and items with two asterisks aren't included in any packages. The following is what's included in the upgrade:

ALL-INCLUSIVE DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE A. Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited consumption of premium spirits, classic and premium cocktails, selection of fine wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, soft drinks, juices, premium mineral water, coffee-based drinks, chocolate-based specialties, non-alcoholic cocktails, smoothies, milk shakes, energy drinks, drinks and snacks from the minibar, drinks ordered through room service, as well as delights from thematic bar menus, fresh fruit cocktails, freshly squeezed juices, and food from the room service menu. Bottles of wine and champagne are not included in the package; however, when purchased in restaurants and bars, will be available at 30% discount from the menu price. The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses and food served in the specialty restaurants. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants including the specialty restaurants (minibar included).

Here's a link to one of the bar menus from Meraviglia to give you an idea of what drinks are covered. From post #70:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511337&page=4

Dave .................... I'm hoping you'll do some investigative work in September and report back with confirmation about the sparkling wine.

• 3 months later...

Cruising on Seaside July next year in an Aurea and I have done exactly what you asked. For 2 adults it cost £84 to upgrade for a week or £6 per person per day, this is Caribbean so no idea if this changes across different areas. Hope this helps.

Sorry just realised this was an old post.

I am confused, does the Aurea package include more than just Heineken

Lager?

The basic all-inclusive drinks package (which is the one that Aurea guests enjoy) includes whichever draught beers are onboard (but the only bottled beer included is Heineken). Newcastle Brown Ale, Murphy's Irish Red, Franziskaner as well as Heineken were all available on Magnifica in the Tiger Bar. It depends on the ship, the bar/lounge and the region you're sailing what will be on offer. For example, John Smith's will be onboard Magnifica next year as she's homeporting in Southampton. Heineken is available in all venues on all ships.

I just did this. Make sure you chose existing booking, beverage packages in the TelePrompTer. I am an agent, so if you booked with an agent they need to call. On my first try I went to existing booking, the agent had no idea what I was talking about and I was on hold for 40 mins. Second go around I went to beverages spoke with Sonny, gave him the OBS Code 536 upgad and he said no problem $56 per person. Don't give up because this is not widespread knowledge it appears [emoji924][emoji483][emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...
Second go around I went to beverages spoke with Sonny, gave him the OBS Code 536 upgad and he said no problem $56 per person. Don't give up because this is not widespread knowledge it appears [emoji924][emoji483][emoji898]

Durban - I want to be sure I understand this before asking my TA to do it (sailing Seaside in May). ;)

So it's an "OBS code" and the code is "536 upgad"?

Thanks!

Alternatively... can we do it onboard using OBC?

No I would do it before boarding, I have a Seaside sailing on 5/5 and this Thursday I will Call and upgrade my classic package. It appears that things are constantly changing on Seaside: Trio dining packages gone up $20, internet packages down to only 2 choices, photo packages prices hiked. So I think sooner that later is safer for anything you plan on doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wanted to say that I e-mailed MSC UK yesterday, and managed to upgrade our Aurea classic drinks package to the deluxe drinks package - we had 'phoned previously and been advised that we would need to wait until we boarded!

I just wanted to say that I e-mailed MSC UK yesterday, and managed to upgrade our Aurea classic drinks package to the deluxe drinks package - we had 'phoned previously and been advised that we would need to wait until we boarded!

What is the email? Is this only for those in the UK, or will they handle those of us in the US as well?

No I would do it before boarding, I have a Seaside sailing on 5/5 and this Thursday I will Call and upgrade my classic package. It appears that things are constantly changing on Seaside: Trio dining packages gone up $20, internet packages down to only 2 choices, photo packages prices hiked. So I think sooner that later is safer for anything you plan on doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durban... I cruise...3/24 and they are still sending me reminders for dining options, photo and internet. Trio is still $69, The Photo all inclusive is still $99 ,,,but my Internet options/choices have been changed to the new 2 options. But I have read elsewhere that some passengers state they are being charged $89 for Trio.

Durban... I cruise...3/24 and they are still sending me reminders for dining options, photo and internet. Trio is still $69, The Photo all inclusive is still $99 ,,,but my Internet options/choices have been changed to the new 2 options. But I have read elsewhere that some passengers state they are being charged $89 for Trio.

Its $89.00 on US site for my Dec cruise

If they need to get people out of the MDR, that low price was probably good at moving some folks into other venues. We are debating doing the triple because as a family of 4, that is almost 400.00 to our cost. I haven't heard one way or the other definitively, but if there is no flexibility in the options, then at least 1 of us would not use the Ocean Cay meal.

If they need to get people out of the MDR, that low price was probably good at moving some folks into other venues. We are debating doing the triple because as a family of 4, that is almost 400.00 to our cost. I haven't heard one way or the other definitively, but if there is no flexibility in the options, then at least 1 of us would not use the Ocean Cay meal.

I tried to upgrade my classic drink package this weekend and they told me I now have to do it on board.

• 7 months later...

Considering the Aurea package and had a look at the All inclusive Classic on the website.  Does none of the adult packages include milkshake? mmmm....milkshake.   I see the non-alcohol one does, but not stated on the classic/delux packages. 

Also am wondering, we`re two adult and two kids, if we go for an aurea, does the kids get the drink package aswell? (kids version)