Disembarking in Venice, Italy

Honree

We arrive at 6:45 and we can book a 10:30 flight at Marco Polo airport. We will book taxi to pick us up. Is this flight doable or should we try for later flight? We also only have carry on luggage. Any info on this will be appreciated. Thanks

While the airport is less than 10 miles, you haven't left any time in the schedule for delays - ship's late arrival, congestion through Venice, taxi dealy, etc. Considering the risks, I never book flights the day the ship arrives.

If you have to fly on arrival day, I certainly would book later flights for piece of mind.

We are meting other family members in Barcelona. We will be in Italy a few days before to explore. Hoping to hear from someone who has recently done this cruise.

Rhapsody of the Sea Croatia and Greece cruise or has dock in that port. Thanks.

OP doesn't mention when they are cruising,

Depending on the time of year, fog CAN be an major issue and result in a significant delay in getting into the port of Venice.

Last Fall, we spent the better part of the day sitting at anchor about 8 miles offshore till the fog cleared enough for us to get to the dock. We finally set feet on the ground around 4:30PM for a few hours of wandering around in the city. Thank goodness, we were not disembarking and flying until the next morning.

when we did this we flew on points...non refundable...if we would have had to book a new one way ticket it was going to be over $2000...so although we booked a return flight the day we returned to Venice it was later in the day and we still white knuckled it...if you can go later

Personally, I think it is too tight, I wouldn't want to be stressed more than necessary on a travel day. I would prefer an afternoon flight. However, if all things go right it should be possible, it just doesn't leave any wriggle room.

You may dock at 6.45 but the ship has to be cleared by customs before they allow passengers off. You would need to be at embarkation point really early for walk off, the line goes on forever sometimes. If you can change to a pm flight it may be less stressful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We arrive at 6:45 and we can book a 10:30 flight at Marco Polo airport. We will book taxi to pick us up. Is this flight doable or should we try for later flight? We also only have carry on luggage. Any info on this will be appreciated. Thanks

Just a thought... do you have to fly from Marco Polo? Since you are headed to Barcelona, not U.S. orCanada or other such destinations, could you get off, take a high speed train to Milan, fly from there? Not sure if the timing works, but overall it might get you there with less stress...

Stan