TTB at ORD

pinotlover

Doing my first T3 to T5 interconnect at ORD in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know the frequency of the TTB shuttle runs between the two terminals?

I have plenty of connection time, just calculating when I’d need to leave the Admirals Club. Flying out BC at 4:55.

I believe the TTB runs about every 15 or 29 minutes.

To ride thr bus to T5, pax must have a boarding pass for the intl flight. Absent a boarding pass, pax can present a printed itinerary to ride that bus.

Be aware that the bus shuts down between 130pm thru 3pm for bus fueling and driver lunch.

What airline, by the way, is BC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Couple of diffefent animals here. The bus svc referred to in the link above is outside security. It replaces the airport train, shut down thru end-2018, and links the terminals as well as remote parking.

The TTB operates 10am til 830pm from T3 to T5 from gates G17, K20, L24. This bus operates inside security ... the route travels across the tarmac and delivers pax airside to T5.

The TTB does not carry pax from T5 ... intl arriving pax cknnecting to domestic flights in T1 thru T3 will ride the bus that is substituting for the train ... outside security.

Thanks to all. I had read the website where TTB makes the three pickups, inside of security, and the location of those pickups. Just nowhere does it give frequencies of pickup!

It is my understanding there is no TSA Precheck line at Terminal 5. Everyone goes through the standard line and that line can get crowded and long, thus wanting to avoid it by using the TTB .

I’ll be coming in on UA ( Air Wisconsin) into T2 (at 11:51) and departing out of T5 on Austrian Airlines( at 16:25). Austrian uses SAS’s Lounge, which I’ve heard sucks on multiple levels. My plan was , we have a 4.5 hour layover, was to walk over to T3, use the newer refurbished Admirals Club, then utilize TTB , out of T3, to T5 staying inside of security. Nowhere on the website is the long lunch break shutdown noted above mentioned !

Also complicating things is I’ve heard that with the shutdown for construction of the ATS system, lines can gather and passengers may have to wait for later for later cars /busses , due to over crowding during peak times.

Really short sided on ORD’s part to not put moving walkways, inside of security, to get to T5 from the main terminal. Flight hassles are bad enough without these antiquated airports like JFK, SFO, and others forcing travelers to exit security to go from one terminal to another. 9/11/01 and all the new security it brought, is now well over a decade past and these dinosaurs don’t want to make refurbishments to move into the current era!

• 1 month later...

Did the drill with the TTS today.

Buses run on an hourly schedule for this service. I could see the schedule the gate agent had and that is the frequency.

Service shuts down for lunch from 13:15 - 14:45. So our bus that ran ~ 13:10 was the last one until 15:00. Unfortunately we got to the gate about 5 minutes after the bus ran at 12:00, so we had a long wait! The Agent never hinted how long the wait would be.

It’s a five minute run between the terminals. The bus is delivering airport employees and crew around the airport between the transit passenger runs.

Check in required a passport and a boarding pass for a flight out of Terminal 5.

Had they openly advertised the time between services, we would have walked , or taken the tram, and just gone through security again. It would have been far faster and easier. Seating in the area was very limited in that a flight was departing from the adjoining gate and those passengers occupied near all the seats until their 12:50 boarding.

Live and Learn!

Couple of diffefent animals here. The bus svc referred to in the link above is outside security. It replaces the airport train, shut down thru end-2018, and links the terminals as well as remote parking.

The TTB operates 10am til 830pm from T3 to T5 from gates G17, K20, L24. This bus operates inside security ... the route travels across the tarmac and delivers pax airside to T5.

The TTB does not carry pax from T5 ... intl arriving pax cknnecting to domestic flights in T1 thru T3 will ride the bus that is substituting for the train ... outside security.

What is going on with the train this year? I was at ORD last month and did not see any signs indicating train route closures.

The train is closed thru end-2018 ... the Avistion Dept is extending the route about a half mile to the newly cknstructed cknsolidated rental car facility when the project is completed, rental car shuttles will no longer serve the passenger terminals to and from thd car rental facilitirs ... while it may al7leviate some traffic congeston outside the terminals, I think it will be a hasle for passengers ... this is a prelude to the total reconfigure and rebuild of ORD .. time will tell how that wlrks out