Ryanair will charge for Cabin Luggage

hallasm

The days when airline passengers with low-cost airlines, Ryanair, can bring cabin luggage up to ten kilograms free of charge are gone. From November, the Irish carrier will charge for "medium" cabin luggage.

As the rules by today, Ryanair passengers can freely take a smaller bag or backpack that can stand between the legs and a piece of cabin baggage of up to ten kilograms.

It will change from November. The bag between the legs remains free, but hand luggage up to ten kilograms get a fee. The fee will be between six to ten euros.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I suppose at the end of the day if they have the cheapest prices, even taking account of their baggage charges, people will still book with them. We avoid them at all costs, unless they are the only way to get where we want to go.

It’s fine as long as people compare the final prices and the services provided.

The problem is that most people just compare the published fares - once they have paid all the additional fees they’ll end up with a much more expensive airfare but still believe they have made a good deal.

These new rules apply to the Basic fare (ie the lowest fare offered).

If you book the Priority Fare, you still get the 10 kg carryon, plus laptop bag, also priority line at gate, and early check in (up to 60 days in advance).

I really don't like them (since they left me in Malaga when they cancelled flights with 1 hour notice) however, they sometimes have good value (if you don't really care where you fly to!).

I really don't like them (since they left me in Malaga when they cancelled flights with 1 hour notice) however, they sometimes have good value (if you don't really care where you fly to!).

... or when!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk