Do you ever NOT get travel insurance for your cruise?

bornfreenowexpensive

• 9 months later...
Two different account numbers not just his and her cards on one account gives you $10,000 per person twice or a total of $40,000.

This would still not cover many expensive long cruises but it helps. Since we have always self insured and have never had to collect, so far, we would be that much ahead.

I am kind of resurrecting this thread as I have been exploring exactly what I need for travel insurance.

Both my wife and I have Chase Sapphire preferred cards(separate accounts)

I called Chase to inquire how much we would each be covered for on a $30,000 cruise, and would it be of any benefit to charge $15,000 on each card. They were unable to give me a definitive answer and referred me to to their benefits administrator (Broadspire) who also were not able to give me an answer and referred me to the insurance Co.....Chubb. The answer from chubb is ,"If a person is eligible for insurance under multiple accounts, then such person will only be insured once, under the account which provides the insured person the largest benefit amount for the loss that occurred."

Therefore , Orchestrapal, i think you would only be covered for a total of $20,000 for you and your spouse, not $40,000.

I think I will check my other CC,s and see if they cover travel insurance,and, if so perhaps charge the balance of the trip to another card. Maybe the "stacked" insurance that is mentioned in this thread will work. Hopefully , I will not be the one who finds out by experience.

I take about three trips a year out of the country, so I know I need additional Medical and Medvac insurance. I have decided on Medjet assist with AARP discount as I do want my choice as to the hospital to where i would be evacuated.

As far as medical insurance does anyone have suggestions ? Geoblue,AAA and HTH worldwide have been suggested on this thread.

Richard

Even the cheapest Geo Blue plan includes $250,000 emergency evacuation coverage and $50,000 of medical coverage:

https://geobluetravelinsurance.com/products/multi-trip/trekker-compare-plans.cfm

I so wish Geo blue was available in our state because I would opt for that coverage, however it is a moot point in NH