Best cabins on Regal/ Royal

MoyCoy

I booked my cruise on the Royal 1 year ago. Before then I had only sailed on Princess older ships (Grand, Emerald, Coral, Ruby)

After reading a few CC threads I found that there are quite a few cabin gems that I missed. I also found that the size of the cabin on Princess website is not always accurate.

I have also read complaints about a mid ship elevator that does go to certain floors.

( maybe I'm wrong)

Anywho ... What is your favorite cabin and location on the Royal/Regal? And why?

Define "Best" for what it means to you. Everyone has preferences and

a budget in mind. For example, we love aft balconies, but not everyone does.

We recently booked something on the Regal but were not willing to pay what they were

asking for the aft balconies, so we went to Plan B.

I booked my cruise on the Royal 1 year ago. Before then I had only sailed on Princess older ships (Grand, Emerald, Coral, Ruby)

After reading a few CC threads I found that there are quite a few cabin gems that I missed. I also found that the size of the cabin on Princess website is not always accurate.

I have also read complaints about a mid ship elevator that does go to certain floors.

( maybe I'm wrong)

Anywho ... What is your favorite cabin and location on the Royal/Regal? And why?

Marina Deck mid ship because it is only one flight up to Horizon Court and easy to walk down to the International Cafe

Howard

( maybe I'm wrong)

Mid ship elevator and stairs go to all decks except deck 17. Deck 17 is serviced by the forward and aft elevators. The sports area and walking track on deck 18 is not serviced by any of these elevators, but I believe there is an HCP lift somewhere for access as I have seen wheelchairs up there.

We prefer the mini suites on the older, smaller ships. I was very disappointed by the mini suite on the Regal. It was smaller than the older ships and the balcony is very small. We booked a new category room on our next Regal sailing. It is called the "Deluxe Balcony" stateroom. The deluxe balcony stateroom is a little smaller than the mini suite, it has the same size balcony as the mini suite with a smaller 2 person couch in the room. The bathroom has a shower stall but no bathtub. We found that the deluxe balcony has everything we would want from a Regal mini suite. When we sail on the older ships, there aren't any deluxe balconies so we prefer the older, larger mini suites on those ships.

We have found that sailing on the Regal has some more options for entertainment and overall, we found the cost of passage to be less on the mega ships but the wait for elevators and buffet lines are longer.

We were in a suite on the Royal last December (Aloha 102). It was at the front of the ship. We enjoyed being able to see both forward through the window and to the side from the balcony. And of course we loved the extra room of being in a suite, especially the spacious bathroom shower. (We never used the separate tub.)

In February, we had a midship balcony cabin (Cat. BB) on the Caribe Deck on the Regal. It was a great location. Next month we'll be in an inside on the Royal on the Lido Deck. I think I'll like the location for that particular itinerary (trans-Atlantic). It's one of the sideways inside cabins. We had been assigned one of them with the upper berths. Fortunately, there were still cabins available in that category for us to switch to.

Regal cabins Emerald deck 102 throught 110, deluxe balcony with balconies 3x larger than a normal balcony, obstruction is a metal wall vs plexiglass and they're all the way forward. Leaving in two weeks and will be in one of them, 3rd time in last 3 cruises with Princess.

Having sailed in both a deluxe balcony and a min-suite on Royal/Regal, there are just a few more differences than mentioned---the mini suite has a curtain between the bed and the sitting area, so if one person is resting while the other is up, it's nice. There are 2 TVs. There's a bathtub. And you get champagne when you sail away. Otherwise--yes, the balcony is the same. The couch on the mini is full sized and the deluxe balcony is a love seat. The sitting area in the mini is larger. Both are nice; if the price is similar I go up--if it's a thousand dollars, probably not worth it.

Royal class L-101 or 102.

Normally less expensive than a normal balcony, they are forward facing, deluxe balcony cabin, and the balcony is about as large as the cabin. The only limitation is that the rail is steel rather than plexiglass.

L-103 and 104, as well as M-101-104 are the same size cabin, but the balconies are slightly smaller (although still huge).

The cabins in the front of the ship mentioned above really do have amazing balconies. Huge huge huge. I had a a cruise critic meet-and-greet last year on one of those, and we fit something like 15 people out there without being crowded. Awesome!

If you're looking for a club class mini, be mindful of the seaview bar (port) and seawalk (starbord) that are up on Lido. Both create some overhang for the mid-ship CC mini suite rooms. We were a few decks below the seaview bard and loved it - we never felt that our privacy was infringed upon, and the overhang kept us dry from the rain.

A few people have had poor experiences booking directly under the seawalk - though others actually enjoy it as it provides a people-watching experience from your balcony. No right or wrong answers here, but something to consider...

We will be in Baja 108 in an upcoming cruise on the Princess Regal. I didn’t realize it was so close to the front — it’s Right up front! We will have connecting balconies with other family in 104 and 112. Is there a higher chance of getting sick in these cabins?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anyone is sensitive to "motion" sickness, then there is a possibility.

We were in D104 or E104 on the Golden Princess (an inside) and experienced

12 ft. swells in the Atlantic (East Coast Cruise), The ship was really "porpoising"

and many passengers could not handle it, but we were fine and it rocked us to sleep.

So, it just depends on the person.