Flying EZAir The "Day Of"

lx200gps

If OP has to meet the ship in Cabo, hopefully they realize it’s a tender port. Princess uses its own lifeboats here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the OP has been to Cabo and knows it's a tender port. We would have traveled from LA by air to meet the ship, with an intervening sea day, so Cabo being a tender port shouldn't have much impact on getting on to the ship.

All I can say is "NEVER, would I ever!" Too many times we've been stuck overnight in Houston or Newark or Dulles or London without luggage and possibly missing days of our cruise. We sailed last year in the Baltic without our luggage for 9 days after missing out on the first 3 days of the trip. Nope. Nope. Nope.

We are trying it this way in November. Got EZ Air at a great price. Have insurance too. First flight of the morning and will get to LA at 930 am so hopefully that gives us wiggle room! And a hotel room near the airport in Omaha is a lot more reasonable! If we miss it I guess we can pick it up in San Francisco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are trying it this way in November. Got EZ Air at a great price. Have insurance too. First flight of the morning and will get to LA at 930 am so hopefully that gives us wiggle room! And a hotel room near the airport in Omaha is a lot more reasonable! If we miss it I guess we can pick it up in San Francisco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not. If your cruise is round trip Los Angeles with a stop at a foreign port - but not a distant foreign port, they may not let you board in San Francisco. A cruise from San Francisco to Los Angeles without a distant foreign port would violate the Passenger Vessel Services Act.

Hope we don't have an early winter. I missed 3 connections with flights out of LNK this summer (weather not involved), just delays. Hope you have a direct flight.

This is a bit off topic......We are using EZ Air to and from Europe this Fall. Going is a direct flight, and we will be in London 3 days before the cruise. My question concerns the return flight from Rome. We have a quick connection in Zurich. I was wondering if there is any help for us from Princess, if we miss the connection from Zurich to home - EWR? I hate doing connecting flights, but there was no alternative from Rome.

I was wondering if there is any help for us from Princess, if we miss the connection from Zurich to home - EWR? I hate doing connecting flights, but there was no alternative from Rome.

I think you are in the airlines hands at that point. I missed flights and the airlines were able to rebook me. I didn't even think to call Princess - I just went through the airlines.

Maybe not. If your cruise is round trip Los Angeles with a stop at a foreign port - but not a distant foreign port, they may not let you board in San Francisco. A cruise from San Francisco to Los Angeles without a distant foreign port would violate the Passenger Vessel Services Act.

Well my guess is with that, they will have to figure it out for us. When we booked the deal was discount EZ Air, so we figured it's worth a try. They made the itinerary, they can figure it out if there is a problem. I'm not too worried. And if something happens, it happens...