Oceania 2015 World Cruise

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Here's the links on an earlier thread, for Oceania's 2015 World Cruise :

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/around-the-world-cruise/

Brochure Link : http://www.oceaniacruises.com/emags/around-the-world-in-180days/pubData/source/JUN13169-Around-the-World-in-180-Days-FNL.pdf

For future reference, any posts containing TA information, or links to TA agency/websites will be removed. Additionally, when starting a new thread or post, if you mention removed posts, they will be deleted as well.

For addtional information, please review our Guidelines : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy

I would give anything to go, but DH just won't do those ports. If it had a lot of the Med, I could push it, but he is just not listening! I hope someone books it.

I have to ask, why doesn't DH want to do these ports?

I've asked my TA to find out about how the segments will be divided

I might consider a segment

Depends on what the rest of the O itineraries look like

Same here. If you hear anything please post it.

Would love to go to Myanmar. Our last Nautica (Capetown-Singapore) cancelled the port. Could also consider the first leg to Capetown.

While the Itinerary is fabulous, the cost of a PH3 totalling $150,000 on a 180 night trip equates to

$833 per night.

I know it includes first class air and a few other extras but I think that is way too expensive.

Brian

Would love to go to Myanmar. Our last Nautica (Capetown-Singapore) cancelled the port. Could also consider the first leg to Capetown.

LOL

Looking at same legs

My Ta has already emailed his contact at O

As soon as he gets back to me I will post

We too would like to take that Myanmar tour that we missed on that cruise. It was very disappointing....maybe if the segment is a good one, we can arrange it again!! I do see that it goes to Bali and the top end of Australia and the Great Barrier Reef, which we did on a Nautica cruie a few years ago, and well worth seeing. Arlene

I think the best way to get to myanmar,is a pre or post tour from Bangkok or Singapore,like they do to Anga Wat. Or just take The Road to Mamdalay from Orient Express

We too would like to take that Myanmar tour that we missed on that cruise. It was very disappointing....maybe if the segment is a good one, we can arrange it again!! I do see that it goes to Bali and the top end of Australia and the Great Barrier Reef, which we did on a Nautica cruie a few years ago, and well worth seeing. Arlene

Paul, Arlene

I already have the private shore excursions set. LOLOL

There is no way to determine what the segments are now. My TA heard back from his contact and it seems they have not been set it stone (probably will have to be worked out with the rest of itineraries for that time period). He promised to send them when they are available. It was suggested that segments may begin/end where there are overnights -- but who knows. These segments will be open for booking in September with the rest of the itineraries.

My TA has 100+ world cruisers among his clients. He sent this out to all of them. No response. I am not sure why O thinks folks will spend 180 on a small R ship other than in an Owners Suite. I think there will be plenty of room on the segments.

I would consider Capetown to Singapore or Shanghai to Bali

Jan Cruz -- do you have better information?

I wonder if First class RT air and all the other perks will be included with all the segments as well.

Otherwise, first class air for us from SFO to MIA is no big deal; to Asia or Cape Town is a different story.

I wonder if First class RT air and all the other perks will be included with all the segments as well.

Otherwise, first class air for us from SFO to MIA is no big deal; to Asia or Cape Town is a different story.

Hard to believe it would be. Sign me up.

I would think these segments would be treated like any other regular cruise.

The "perks" seem to be an inducement to get folks to book for 180 days.

I have looked carefully at the possible segments. Some of them mimic 2014 itineraries for Nautica. I doubt O will offer two cruises from Capetown to SIngapore eg. I wonder if that means that Nautica will offer some "new" itineraries as FDR suggested.

Hard to believe it would be. Sign me up.

I would think these segments would be treated like any other regular cruise.

The "perks" seem to be an inducement to get folks to book for 180 days.

I have looked carefully at the possible segments. Some of them mimic 2014 itineraries for Nautica. I doubt O will offer two cruises from Capetown to SIngapore eg. I wonder if that means that Nautica will offer some "new" itineraries as FDR suggested.

I certainly see your point but in that case the first class air is not a big incentive for any US resident.

Correct

I never even thought of that.

They are offering the proverbial ice in winter! LOL

You are correct. Since O caters mainly to US citizens, not much of an incentive. And if you live in Florida . .

I wonder what the deduction is for the air. That would tell us something.

Maybe they are try to attract more folks from Europe, Down Under and Asia.

We do like long cruises but, maybe not quite this long. We do stay in an OS

but would probably go crazy even in it for 6 months. However, the biggest negative of this cruise are the many, many ports we would have no interest in seeing and so many others which we would love to see not included.

Hopefully there will be many people who will love the itinerary.

FWIW, it's called "Around the World in 180 Days" cruise, not World Cruise 2015. Very few people can handle the typical 110-120 day world cruises, so, I'd guess that "O's" not planning on many 180 dayers, but, they should do well on the segments.

FWIW, it's called "Around the World in 180 Days" cruise, not World Cruise 2015. Very few people can handle the typical 110-120 day world cruises, so, I'd guess that "O's" not planning on many 180 dayers, but, they should do well on the segments.

Good point.

I am ready to book a segment with future cruise credit in hand.

Paul, Arlene

I already have the private shore excursions set. LOLOL

There is no way to determine what the segments are now. My TA heard back from his contact and it seems they have not been set it stone (probably will have to be worked out with the rest of itineraries for that time period). He promised to send them when they are available. It was suggested that segments may begin/end where there are overnights -- but who knows. These segments will be open for booking in September with the rest of the itineraries.

My TA has 100+ world cruisers among his clients. He sent this out to all of them. No response. I am not sure why O thinks folks will spend 180 on a small R ship other than in an Owners Suite. I think there will be plenty of room on the segments.

I would consider Capetown to Singapore or Shanghai to Bali

Jan Cruz -- do you have better information?

8 segments the longest will be 35 days..

Jancruz1

No none of the perks will be included with segments..Segments will be sold just like any other cruise..

Jancruz1