fire onboard Insignia

LHT28

thanks Lyn,

I've gotten my internet now. We were in port in St Lucia. Happened about 9:30am. Lost power. We left the ship for a while, then went back on. shortly afterward they decided toget all the passengers off the ship - actually die the muster. from what I was told by our muster leader they did lose a crew member. there may be more injuries.

Marian

Will pax be allowed back on board soon ?

How did this start ?

How extensive is the damage ?

I read about injured people only .....i hope no one perished in the blaze

Good luck to all pax and crew ..hope you are safe and can continue your journey ....our thoughts are with you

Can't tell you much more. People going back to the ship are being shuttled to a ferry terminal to wait. We decided to stay in town and have moved to another restaurant. We went to the Cathedral and said a prayer for the crew members who were injured. I have not gotten a second confirmation on the fatality, however passengers did see CPR being done on someone. When we had left the ship the first time shortly after the original Emergency call, I did hear a call for a the " cardiac" team to report to deck 3. Ship lost power about 9:30....it did not have power when we returned at about 10:30. Muster was orderly, although many of the passengers were already of the ship on excursions. Most people I have talked to seem to be taking things in stride and awaiting further information. Our issues pale in comparison to what the crew is dealing with.

Marian

Will pax be allowed back on board soon ?

How did this start ?

How extensive is the damage ?

I read about injured people only .....i hope no one perished in the blaze

Good luck to all pax and crew ..hope you are safe and can continue your journey ....our thoughts are with you

As the original post said, they are waiting for more information

Update, 2:35 p.m. EST: One crewmember and two contractors were killed after an engine room fire onboard Oceania Cruises' Insignia, the line confirmed to Cruise Critic. The remainder of the cruise has been canceled.

"Three crewmembers and two contractors who were working onboard were transferred to a local medical facility. We are deeply saddened to learn that two contractors and one crewmember did not survive. We extend our deepest condolences to their families during this very difficult time."

Also according to Oceania, the fire was contained to the engine room and all passengers are safe and have disembarked.

"Arrangements are being made for guests and crew to be accommodated at local hotels until transportation to Miami is arranged," the line said.

A Guest and Crew Support team, alone with a technical team, is en route from Miami to St. Lucia.

Insignia was on a 10-night cruise, which departed San Juan on December 7 and was scheduled to arrive in Miami on December 17.