Island princess dck 7 & 8 balconys

whitman

Any info on PR balcs on dck 7 and Emerald balcs on 8 aft? I know the emerald balcs are covered, but looking at the dck plans it looks like the aft are bigger balcs than the forward emerald balcs. Anyone know?

Also, The PR balcs also look bigger on the deck plans, but are they covered? Any info on either greatly appreciated

Any info on PR balcs on dck 7 and Emerald balcs on 8 aft? I know the emerald balcs are covered, but looking at the dck plans it looks like the aft are bigger balcs than the forward emerald balcs. Anyone know?

Also, The PR balcs also look bigger on the deck plans, but are they covered? Any info on either greatly appreciated

The Island Promenade deck balconies are covered. They were added to the ship in 2015. The floor of the balcony is actually the old promenade deck. On canal cruises these balconies are off limits during the transit due to the proximity of cables to the train/mules.

Due to the cabin additions and changes to the island I can’t speak to the aft side emerald deck balcony cabins. On the Coral they are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Island Promenade deck balconies are covered. They were added to the ship in 2015. The floor of the balcony is actually the old promenade deck. On canal cruises these balconies are off limits during the transit due to the proximity of cables to the train/mules.

Due to the cabin additions and changes to the island I can’t speak to the aft side emerald deck balcony cabins. On the Coral they are excellent.

Would the balconies on the Lido deck aft (deck 14) also be off limits during the canal transit?

Would the balconies on the Lido deck aft (deck 14) also be off limits during the canal transit?

No they are not off limits.

We sailed in an aft suite on Aloha deck through the old canal and had a birdseye view from our balcony of the locks closing. The folks above us on Lido were also out on their balcony.

We also went all around the upper decks and the promenade as you really do want to see this from many different vantage points.

I'm a huge fan of the PR aft balcony cabins. The only time you can't be on the balcony is when the cables are being attached. For about 30 minutes of lost balcony time, Princess gave us our choice of two free Sanctuary passes, or a $130 cabin credit. We took the credit, then sat in our cabin and watched the workers attach the cables. It was actually pretty interesting. I loved that the balcony was completely covered and the rooms are much newer and nicer than the older balcony rooms. It's also close to Crooner's. ;)

We sailed in A729 on the Island through the canal (aft vista suite). The balcony was massive, although uncovered. FYI - of all the suites we've stayed in on many ships, this suite was our absolute favorite. There were two sinks in the bathroom, although no sink at the bar in the living room. The room was bright, spacious, modern, and the balcony was incredible.

Next year we'll be on the Royal for the first time in D726. I have a feeling once we are in that cabin, it will become our favorite!

We sailed in A729 on the Island through the canal (aft vista suite). The balcony was massive, although uncovered. FYI - of all the suites we've stayed in on many ships, this suite was our absolute favorite. There were two sinks in the bathroom, although no sink at the bar in the living room. The room was bright, spacious, modern, and the balcony was incredible.

Next year we'll be on the Royal for the first time in D726. I have a feeling once we are in that cabin, it will become our favorite!

You may want to read the reviews on D726 if you haven’t already. We spent 3 plus weeks in that cabin last year. All I can say is “soot”. It affected us everyday and severely limited the use of the balcony. ☹️

We just booked A729 for a 25 day cruise through the PC and then onto Easter Island and are so glad to hear so many wonderful things about this cabin on the Island Princess. This will be the first time we've booked a VS cabin on Princess and it hopefully won't be our last.

If I might ask, what are some of the best Suite perks we should look forward to? Do they offer free laundry to suite guests? Probably not, but it would be nice if they did. Up until now, we've only booked regular balcony cabins, but the price was too good for us to pass up on this "bucket list" cruise.

We just booked A729 for a 25 day cruise through the PC and then onto Easter Island and are so glad to hear so many wonderful things about this cabin on the Island Princess. This will be the first time we've booked a VS cabin on Princess and it hopefully won't be our last.

If I might ask, what are some of the best Suite perks we should look forward to? Do they offer free laundry to suite guests? Probably not, but it would be nice if they did. Up until now, we've only booked regular balcony cabins, but the price was too good for us to pass up on this "bucket list" cruise.

Yes free laundry

Breakfast in Sabatinis

1 specialty restaurant dinner

Tender priority

Ability order a meal during B/L/D from the main DR menu in your stateroom.

Check out the full list of suite bennies on the Princess website.

Yes free laundry

Breakfast in Sabatinis

1 specialty restaurant dinner

Tender priority

Ability order a meal during B/L/D from the main DR menu in your stateroom.

Check out the full list of suite bennies on the Princess website.

Thanks! We had previously checked the list out, but overlooked the free same day laundry service. Definitely a massive plus for my DW when choosing which cruises we go on in the future! :D:D Being able to have a peaceful breakfast in Sabatinis also sounds like a big plus.

In addition to what was already mentioned, you also get a “free” mini bar set up. We don’t really drink much, so I generally take the brandy home for flaming/cooking, and swap out the rest for soda. You don’t need to swap out any of the drinks for bottled water since you get two bottles delivered every night.

Another nice perk is dinner in Club Class. It’s dining like it used to be on cruises; personalized service, with one or two dishes that the head waiter prepares in the dining room.

In addition to what was already mentioned, you also get a “free” mini bar set up. We don’t really drink much, so I generally take the brandy home for flaming/cooking, and swap out the rest for soda. You don’t need to swap out any of the drinks for bottled water since you get two bottles delivered every night.

Another nice perk is dinner in Club Class. It’s dining like it used to be on cruises; personalized service, with one or two dishes that the head waiter prepares in the dining room.

Cool! One could get spoiled by the Princess Suite life if ones not careful.

You may want to read the reviews on D726 if you haven’t already. We spent 3 plus weeks in that cabin last year. All I can say is “soot”. It affected us everyday and severely limited the use of the balcony. ☹️

I’ve read about the soot problem. We don’t sail on the Royal until January 2020, so hopefully they’ll figure something out by then. Hopefully if they haven’t, the soot won’t bother us.

I’ve read about the soot problem. We don’t sail on the Royal until January 2020, so hopefully they’ll figure something out by then. Hopefully if they haven’t, the soot won’t bother us.

They have already added exhaust scrubbers to the stacks to try and reduce the soot.

It is still an issue. They have been trying to figure it out since the ship came out of the builders yard.

I thought the soot wouldn't bother us. I was wrong.

Good luck.

I'm a huge fan of the PR aft balcony cabins. The only time you can't be on the balcony is when the cables are being attached. For about 30 minutes of lost balcony time, Princess gave us our choice of two free Sanctuary passes, or a $130 cabin credit. We took the credit, then sat in our cabin and watched the workers attach the cables. It was actually pretty interesting. I loved that the balcony was completely covered and the rooms are much newer and nicer than the older balcony rooms. It's also close to Crooner's. ;)

This is for anyone who has had experience with the PR aft balcony cabins during Panama Canal cruises. Do they always automatically offer you a credit or Sanctuary passes because you are in those cabins, or did you have to ask for it?

We were in PR703 for the April, 19 nights Panama Canal round trip LA. A letter stating the choice of SBC or Sanctuary will be either included with all other first night materials on top of your bed or brought in several days later. The person in charge of Sanctuary will also call to confirm whether you want to reserve a free chair or have the SBC instead. You can also go down to the front desk to let them know your decision. The SBC will be credited to your account on the day when you enter the Canal. In our case, we got the $120PP since we went through the locks on both directions.

LOVE the PR balcony.