Happy Hour is Alive and Well on Star!

ceilidh1

I just got off the Star 2 weeks B2B Alaska and, while I will come back and post some detailed reviews later, I just wanted to let you all know that Happy Hour was most definitely happening from 10pm to 11pm in the Wheelhouse. Buy One, Get One $1. I never saw it advertised in the Patter, but it was shown on app....I went a few times, though really didn't need the BOGO as I had the drink package....

Thanks...there was a recent report of a late night BOGO$1 on the Grand & the reason given was to generate sales of alcohol on that ship.

When they had it twice per day the 3:00-4:00 was packed but the late night was a ghost town. And if many others had the PBP maybe it’s an attempt to generate more cash sales.

Appreciate the update but these seem to be inconsistently available & unless available fleetwide twice per day not too enthused. Hopefully this will lead to the return of twice daily BOGO$1 but not optimistic. :(

Why can't they do that at a more convenient hour for Elite instead of the other thing that they call the Elite Happy hour where a drink is $6.99?

Other cruise lines have a real Happy Hour for their loyal cruisers.

RCI 5 - 8:30pm every evening and you get free drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

Celebrity 5 - 7PM 5 nights out of 7 you get free drinks in the Elite Lounge.

Now that is a Happy Hour.

Why can't they do that at a more convenient hour for Elite instead of the other thing that they call the Elite Happy hour where a drink is $6.99?

Other cruise lines have a real Happy Hour for their loyal cruisers.

RCI 5 - 8:30pm every evening and you get free drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

Celebrity 5 - 7PM 5 nights out of 7 you get free drinks in the Elite Lounge.

Now that is a Happy Hour.

True, but neither cruise line offers the free mini bar set up. (And the ability to exchange it for two coffee “cards”.)

Be careful what you wish to happened. Can you imagine the comments that would be shared if that change was made.

Perhaps a dumb question: If the Happy Hour is not mentioned in the Patter and you don't have the app, how do you know it's happening?

We will be on the Regal and have fingers (and toes!) crossed that they will have a Happy Hour. I definitely like to be happy :D;p

We also had BOGO on the Island a couple of weeks ago. However on most days it was for wine only. I think for maybe 2 days it included all drinks. BOGO wine was also offered at the Princess Theater for a couple of nights for the production shows.

Perhaps a dumb question: If the Happy Hour is not mentioned in the Patter and you don't have the app, how do you know it's happening?

We will be on the Regal and have fingers (and toes!) crossed that they will have a Happy Hour. I definitely like to be happy :D;p

Excellent question that has been asked many times in the past. At times, the information was a very brief statement buried in the Platter. Hope they have it on your ship and that you know about when, where, etc. Please keep us informed.

Happy Cruising!

On one of the days I did notice it listed on the back of the Patter where it stated the bar opening times, etc. It was in teeny tiny print but it was there - not sure if it was shown every night in that place, but it certainly wasn't inside the Patter as an "event" the way it has been in the past!

I'm looking forward to your review. We'll be on The Star in Oct and going to Hawaii. We've never been of the Star and I'd love to hear your comments.

We’ve enjoyed several cruises on the Star including a month long Sydney to LA cruise. Our most recent Star cruise was to Hawaii 18 months ago & we would gladly do it again. :)