Will a "zipline snob" enjoy the Ziprider in Icy Strait Point?

iujen94

I know this is an incredibly subjective question, but I'm wondering if a "zipline snob" will enjoy the Ziprider in Icy Strait Point? We (me, DH, DS12 and DS14) are lucky enough to have been ziplining in some amazing places - our favorites being Costa Rica and Hawaii. The downside is that we're now kind of spoiled when it comes to ziplines - it takes a lot to WOW us. I'm wondering if the Ziprider has that WOW factor? If it helps, we did the zipline at Labadee (RC's private island in the Caribbean) last year and really enjoyed that - ziplining over water gave it a novelty factor that made us feel like it was worth it. Would love any thoughts y'all might have. We are planning to do a whale-watching tour that morning, and I was looking for a second activity for the afternoon. Thanks!

I think I might be a zip line snob too😊. We have done quite a few zip lines and found some challenging and exciting and some just so-so. We have also done the ziprider in ISP twice. Both times were a lot of fun. Instead of the typical zip line harnesses your harness on the ziprider is more like a swing seat. It’s a long ride and very beautiful and the seat makes it more enjoyable to just enjoy looking around.

Now if you really want an exciting zipline check out

http://Www.ziptrek.com in Whistler.....especially the Sasquatch! We did this in July and talk about exciting!!!

Have fun

• 2 weeks later...
I know this is an incredibly subjective question, but I'm wondering if a "zipline snob" will enjoy the Ziprider in Icy Strait Point? We (me, DH, DS12 and DS14) are lucky enough to have been ziplining in some amazing places - our favorites being Costa Rica and Hawaii. The downside is that we're now kind of spoiled when it comes to ziplines - it takes a lot to WOW us. I'm wondering if the Ziprider has that WOW factor? If it helps, we did the zipline at Labadee (RC's private island in the Caribbean) last year and really enjoyed that - ziplining over water gave it a novelty factor that made us feel like it was worth it. Would love any thoughts y'all might have. We are planning to do a whale-watching tour that morning, and I was looking for a second activity for the afternoon. Thanks!

Yes, it is amazing.

It often sells out, so be sure to book with your cruiseline ahead of time.

They do sell tickets on site, but only if the ships haven't sold out and many times they do.

I don't often (almost never) recommend booking with the ship, but this is certainly the exception.

45 minute bus ride up and 45 second ride down. Our grandsons really enjoyed it. For a tip take protective eye ware that wont fall off for the 50-60 mph ride especially if foggy and that way can keep eyes open. For bragging rights it was the longest when built but not now as longer ones have been built. Several youtube videos show the launch and ride. Six riders launch at same time.

sightcrr