Norwegian Getaway family mini suite question

ggooglyboogly

I am looking at booking the Norwegian Getaway in a family mini suite, and i was wondering if any on this board have stayed in one before....do they have a bath tub?

My new son was born 5 days ago and we're already planning his first cruise (I was on the SS Norway at 6 weeks old - he'll have to wait until 6 months for his!) and it would be easier to bring him and my then 3 year old on a cruise if there was a tub. Otherwise it pretty much looks like the mini suite and balcony are pretty similar, but if any other differences feel free to shout in my direction!

I just upgraded into one for my cruise in October. Yes it does have a tub which is why I took it. I have a 5 year old who hates taking showers but loves time in the tub. So worked for us. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a large family window room on the breakaway which is essentially the same. That had a tub and was a great room, less than either a mini suite or balcony. Really huge and you probably don’t want a balcony with a small child anyway

A small child who still naps is the perfect reason to get a balcony! They have child safety locks, and your child will never be out of sight on a cruise anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A small child who still naps is the perfect reason to get a balcony! They have child safety locks, and your child will never be out of sight on a cruise anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We never ended up using ours, so for us it wasn’t worth the money.

One nice thing about the large family rooms is that they have a curtain to divide off the 2 sleeping areas so would be easy enough with a sleeping baby/toddler (by contrast to our regular window room on the Star when we had a toddler which was so crowded)

haha, i have seen plenty of kids on cruises out of sight of their parents. some very little too!

There are always "those parents" aren't there :)

What I meant was the rooms are so small that it would be extremely difficult for a child to get out onto the balcony without you knowing it. There are also child safety locks up high on the balcony doors, and they are heavy and not that easy to open.

We never ended up using ours, so for us it wasn’t worth the money.

One nice thing about the large family rooms is that they have a curtain to divide off the 2 sleeping areas so would be easy enough with a sleeping baby/toddler (by contrast to our regular window room on the Star when we had a toddler which was so crowded)

I definitely agree that I prefer to have the curtain to divide sleeping areas. I love having it on the mini suites on the older ships (Dawn and Jewel class) -- I really wish they had kept it in the mini suites on the newer ships.

We didn't have a balcony on our last cruise, and it was fine, but if it is in budget I do prefer having it. I sailed happily in many inside cabins before kids, but with afternoon naps and a 7 pm bedtime we like to be able to sit out on the balcony while the little one sleeps.