POA - Kona

Betsypaige

So I think that I will try and make the Fair Winds 9am (8:30am check-in) on the date that the POA is in Kona. Per their website, andwhat other people have said, I'll need to be sure I'm on one of the firsttenders - as well as arranging with the concierge to have a taxi waiting forme.

I assume passengers are assigned to tenders based on cabinnumbers; is there any way to arrange it so that I'm on one of the earlytenders? How far in advance would I have to do this? I'd hate to book this touronly to find out that it just won't be feasible.

Has anyone had this issue on POA?

Thanks!

This from punkincc on the Hawaii forum. Hope it helps:

"You will need a tender ticket, and they get handed out first come. Read your Freestyle Daily the evening before Kona. It will tell you where to line up for tickets the following morning and what time they will start. The location will probably be in the midship area, probably one of the bars.

When we have had an early private tour, we make sure we are within eyeshot of the line up area well before the indicated start of the handout process. When a line starts to form, we get in it. The first xxx number in line gets tender #1 etc. They will announce tender numbers on the overhead speakers one by one. When your number is called, you can proceed to the tender area. They usually start running very soon after 7:00 am.

We have been ashore at 7:30 or before. Several tenders will be running so it's a quick process.

My guess only, but I doubt many ship tours leave the ship on the first few tenders. They will go based on tour time, and of course will go to the front of the line. Likewise, not everyone in a suite wants off the ship at the same time, depending on plans. The Concierge will walk small groups off a few at a time on demand."

This from punkincc on the Hawaii forum. Hope it helps:

"You will need a tender ticket, and they get handed out first come. Read your Freestyle Daily the evening before Kona. It will tell you where to line up for tickets the following morning and what time they will start. The location will probably be in the midship area, probably one of the bars.

When we have had an early private tour, we make sure we are within eyeshot of the line up area well before the indicated start of the handout process. When a line starts to form, we get in it. The first xxx number in line gets tender #1 etc. They will announce tender numbers on the overhead speakers one by one. When your number is called, you can proceed to the tender area. They usually start running very soon after 7:00 am.

We have been ashore at 7:30 or before. Several tenders will be running so it's a quick process.

My guess only, but I doubt many ship tours leave the ship on the first few tenders. They will go based on tour time, and of course will go to the front of the line. Likewise, not everyone in a suite wants off the ship at the same time, depending on plans. The Concierge will walk small groups off a few at a time on demand."

Ah, thank you so much for this! I actually should have read through the forum before posting as there were a few older posts on the same subject, but the information above is even more specific. It’s not like me to do so something where it’s so uncertain - normally I’d play it safe - but the ship’s excursions (what they’ve posted so far) just don’t quite work for me....

I have done this trip several times. NOT while on a cruise, though. It is FANTASTIC. Are you on the Catamaran? It's the best. SO much fun ... Hope your timing works and you can make this.

Thank you so much - if I do this, I will post about it so others might get some use from my experiences!

That would be great. Post pics too .... we (CC) do love when people come back to their threads and update. :cool:

I don't do that as often as I should - out of sheer laziness, sadly, but I will! You guys have been so helpful - thank you all!