Catholic Church Services

MAMA "B"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to Google maps it is about 3 KM from the port, the walk should take about 20-30 min, and it is not far from the beach clubs along Carlisle Bay (Boatyard, Harbor Lights, etc.) if you wanted to hit the beach after mass.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, from the time we get in 10 for an 11 mass we may cab it there and walk back. As for beach stop that sounds like a good plan as long as they have changing rooms at the beach I don't think the priest would appreciate us 2 whales going to mass in swimwear.

• 2 weeks later...
According to Google maps it is about 3 KM from the port, the walk should take about 20-30 min, and it is not far from the beach clubs along Carlisle Bay (Boatyard, Harbor Lights, etc.) if you wanted to hit the beach after mass.

Which beach do you recommend (of these) that has the best shade or umbrellas?

The all offer loungers and umbrellas for a fee; some include a "free" drink and a quick boat ride out to snorkel and swim with the turtles. Harbor lights is smaller and quieter. Boatyard offers water toys, a pier, etc. and tends to attract families and some of the ship's crew. Check the trip advisor reviews as well as the specific beach club web sites and see which one appeals to you.

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and has photo intensive reviews of both the Boatyard and Pirate's Cove linked in her signature - check them out! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

St Patrick's Cathedral is a short walk to/from the Boatyard. I went to mass at St.Patrick's on a Sunday and then to The Boatyard. They were still selling admission tickets but they could not guarantee a chair or umbrella as the club was packed by the time mass ended. The admission fee also includes one free drink and a return ride to the cruise port.

I decided to walk towards another beach club for a chair/umbrella. I walked back in the direction of the church and less than 1/10th of a mile from Boatyard entrance, I saw the public entrance to the beach used by The Boatyard. It is where the taxi drivers wait. Walked along the path onto the beach, removed my church clothes (bathing suit underneath) and placed my towel on the sand. No chair or umbrella. Taxi back to port was $5.

I will be in Barbados again on a Sunday this fall and I will first go to The Boatyard. They do have showers, changing area and restrooms. Keep my lounger with my backpack, walk to church and back to the beach after mass.

The all offer loungers and umbrellas for a fee; some include a "free" drink and a quick boat ride out to snorkel and swim with the turtles. Harbor lights is smaller and quieter. Boatyard offers water toys, a pier, etc. and tends to attract families and some of the ship's crew. Check the trip advisor reviews as well as the specific beach club web sites and see which one appeals to you.

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and has photo intensive reviews of both the Boatyard and Pirate's Cove linked in her signature - check them out! ;)

Thanks.

St Patrick's Cathedral is a short walk to/from the Boatyard. I went to mass at St.Patrick's on a Sunday and then to The Boatyard. They were still selling admission tickets but they could not guarantee a chair or umbrella as the club was packed by the time mass ended. The admission fee also includes one free drink and a return ride to the cruise port.

I decided to walk towards another beach club for a chair/umbrella. I walked back in the direction of the church and less than 1/10th of a mile from Boatyard entrance, I saw the public entrance to the beach used by The Boatyard. It is where the taxi drivers wait. Walked along the path onto the beach, removed my church clothes (bathing suit underneath) and placed my towel on the sand. No chair or umbrella. Taxi back to port was $5.

I will be in Barbados again on a Sunday this fall and I will first go to The Boatyard. They do have showers, changing area and restrooms. Keep my lounger with my backpack, walk to church and back to the beach after mass.

Good advice, thanks.