Eagle Beach Umbrella & Chairs Vendor

POA1

We're looking to go to to Eagle Beach when we have a port of stop in December. We used to go to Amsterdam Manor, but that's no longer an option. We're looking for suggestions on where to get dropped off, ideally near some food & drink with restroom access. A place where we can rent a few chairs and a couple of umbrellas. Thanks!

It has been a couple of years since we been to Aruba. Can I ask why Amsterdam Manor is no longer an option? We used to go there, and had planned to this winter. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It has been a couple of years since we been to Aruba. Can I ask why Amsterdam Manor is no longer an option? We used to go there, and had planned to this winter. Thanks.

I emailed them to confirm and got a response that they no longer accept day guests. You can eat at their restaurant, but not use their chairs or palapas.

Thank you for the update.

I emailed them to confirm and got a response that they no longer accept day guests. You can eat at their restaurant, but not use their chairs or palapas.

There are vendors for chairs/umbrellas at the access points to the beaches. There are restrooms. If you're near a hotel, you can CERTAINLY get food there. No worries!

This isn't completely correct. There are several resorts that are all inclusive and don't allow outsiders to buy drinks or food. There are not vendors at every access point. The best places to go are across the street from Chalet Suisse Restaurant, and across from MVC Resort.

This isn't completely correct. There are several resorts that are all inclusive and don't allow outsiders to buy drinks or food. There are not vendors at every access point. The best places to go are across the street from Chalet Suisse Restaurant, and across from MVC Resort.

This is a bunch of nonsense!! Hatteras51 I have no idea where you are getting your information in reference to Eagle Beach and Amsterdam Manor, I've been reading your posts with tongue in cheek.:rolleyes:

I'm heading back to my same spot on Eagle Beach in Dec. for the 5th or 6th time, right beside the Amsterdam Manor, having lunch at the beach bar, renting chairs and palapas FROM AMSTERDAM MANOR and I'm staying on the Caribbean Princess not in the hotel. There never has been a problem and there never will be. I'll send you pictures!! Have a good one bro!!:o:rolleyes::o Later Todd

This is a bunch of nonsense!! Hatteras51 I have no idea where you are getting your information in reference to Eagle Beach and Amsterdam Manor, I've been reading your posts with tongue in cheek.:rolleyes:

I'm heading back to my same spot on Eagle Beach in Dec. for the 5th or 6th time, right beside the Amsterdam Manor, having lunch at the beach bar, renting chairs and palapas FROM AMSTERDAM MANOR and I'm staying on the Caribbean Princess not in the hotel. There never has been a problem and there never will be. I'll send you pictures!! Have a good one bro!!:o:rolleyes::o Later Todd

Ok, Todd. First of all, I'm not the one who started this post that mentioned that Amsterdam Manor isn't allowing cruisers to rent chairs and palapas any more, so don't go calling me out until you check the posts. Another poster started this thread and said that they actually contacted them and were told that they no longer rented. I just mentioned that not all of the resort restaurants allow outsiders to eat there, which include Divi All Inclusive and Tarmarjin. Also, Bucuti doesn't serve anyone at their bar that isn't one of their guests. This is why I mentioned that cruisers go to the places that I mentioned, so they can get everything they need.

I own a timeshare in Aruba and I try to help people on this board in a very courteous manor. However, even though I did not mention the change at Amsterdam Manor in this thread, I do happen to know that the poster is indeed correct. Amsterdam Manor has a new manager, and just stopped allowing cruisers this summer. So get your facts straight before you go blasting people who didn't say something and are just trying to be helpful. :confused:By the way, I'm not a bro.

Wow! This is pretty harsh. As a timeshare owner and visitor to Aruba for the last 20+ years I know that Hatteras51 is SPOT ON with her recommendations on this page. I don’t comment a whole lot because I don’t need to repeat what she says. Also, she is CORRECT....as well as the other person that posted earlier....that Amsterdam Manor is no longer allowing cruise passengers for the day. Can one use the beach by Amsterdam Manor? Absolutely! All beaches on Aruba are public, but their chairs can’t be used. Is it possible that they made an exception for you? Maybe you booked before they made the change. It’s possible, but still no reason to come down on her! She is only trying to help!

I'm the one who said that Amsterdam Manor didn't accept day guests. It's based on an email from Angela at reservations@amsterdammanor.aw. The quote:

Thank you for your e-mail and interest in the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort.

Unfortunately, we no longer offer day pass for outside guest. Our chairs and facilities are for resort guests only.

However, you are more than welcome to visit our Passions Restaurant at the eagle area for lunch on the beach.

Maybe if I write back and tell her that Todd Ellis from CruiseCritic said that it was nonsense. I'm sure they let us use the m.:rolleyes:

Should you request further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

As one who has oft written hear about Eagle (where we have been going for decades) I can assure you it is not what you so tactfully call "nonsense." In fact, the last time we were on Eagle (last December) the Amsterdam Manor folks had already stopped renting chairs to "outsiders." It was not a problem since we simply walked up the beach (towards Palm) until we found a much more friendly vendor :). But now there have been some reports of a crackdown on a few other vendors...so we will not know the current situation until we get to Aruba in November...or somebody else with first-hand current knowledge posts something other then "Nonsense."

Hank

As one who has oft written hear about Eagle (where we have been going for decades) I can assure you it is not what you so tactfully call "nonsense." In fact, the last time we were on Eagle (last December) the Amsterdam Manor folks had already stopped renting chairs to "outsiders." It was not a problem since we simply walked up the beach (towards Palm) until we found a much more friendly vendor :). But now there have been some reports of a crackdown on a few other vendors...so we will not know the current situation until we get to Aruba in November...or somebody else with first-hand current knowledge posts something other then "Nonsense."

Hank

BTW - Thank you for all your excellent Aruba information. It's been very helpful.

. Another poster started this thread and said that they actually contacted them and were told that they no longer rented. I just mentioned that not all of the resort restaurants allow outsiders to eat there, which include Divi All Inclusive and Tarmarjin. Also, Bucuti doesn't serve anyone at their bar that isn't one of their guests. This is why I mentioned that cruisers go to the places that I mentioned, so they can get everything they need.

I own a timeshare in Aruba and I try to help people on this board in a very courteous manor. However, even though I did not mention the change at Amsterdam Manor in this thread, I do happen to know that the poster is indeed correct. Amsterdam Manor has a new manager, and just stopped allowing cruisers this summer. So get your facts straight before you go blasting people who didn't say something and are just trying to be helpful. :confused:By the way, I'm not a bro.

Thanks for your help. As a rule, I try to reach out to every place we plan to go. Our cruise is over Christmas and I don't want to have our plans messed up because I didn't check in advance. Our usual places in Curaçao and Bonaire were fine. Aruba was the only hiccup. But, thanks to the helpful people here, we now have plan.

Readily available opposite Amsterdam Manor but getting expensive. They are charging $40 for 2 sun beds plus an umbrella and not the best quality, but little choice as sand fleas are prolific. Don't towel down directly on the sand and the best advice - take insect repellant.

Readily available opposite Amsterdam Manor but getting expensive. They are charging $40 for 2 sun beds plus an umbrella and not the best quality, but little choice as sand fleas are prolific. Don't towel down directly on the sand and the best advice - take insect repellant.

Are there sand fleas on Palm beach too??:eek:

Hatteras51...does your name have something to do with Cape Hatteras? This is the first year out of 12 that we have not spent time on the Cape and we do miss it.

Yes! We love Cape Hatteras, but we haven't been there for several years. Our kids like to go to Emerald Isle because there's more to do, and they usually win.

On Eagle Beach you can rent chairs directly across from Paradise Beach Villas . They are located virtually next to Chalet Suisse . There is a restroom there as well > You may have to pay ($1) to use . Beach Villas let you buy food and drink from their poolside snack bar/restaurant . There are a number of vendors on Eagle Beach since the government tightened regulations on Palm Beach .

Thanks for your help. As a rule, I try to reach out to every place we plan to go. Our cruise is over Christmas and I don't want to have our plans messed up because I didn't check in advance. Our usual places in Curaçao and Bonaire were fine. Aruba was the only hiccup. But, thanks to the helpful people here, we now have plan.

Where do you usually go In Bonaire and curucao?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like the Plaza Beach Resort in Bonaire. You can rent chairs and umbrellas. They also have snorkel gear for rent. You'll want to have water shoes because the bottom is rough. You can see plenty of fish just by bending over with your mask in the water if you don't feel like swimming out too far. They have a bar and a casual restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...
This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering if a person can just lay out a towel to sit on like we would at the beach at home? Is that allowed? Eagle Beach or Palm Beach. (Haven't decided yet). Thanks.

Absolutely!! With the exception of Depalm Island and Renaissance Island, all other beaches are public. Just be aware that due to close proximity to the Equator, the sun is very intense. You might want to sit under a tree, if possible.

OK, so it's our first time at Aruba and this Eagle Beach near Paradise Villa sounds like something we'd like. We need chairs and shade and a place for food and drink is nice. I assume we can catch a taxi there? If I ask to go to Eagle Beach next to Chalet Suisse will they know where to take us and are they likely to come back at a specific time when asked. Chalet Suisse is quite the restaurant, just looked it up, yum! Are there umbrella available? I assume this is an independent vendor settting these up? Thanks, Pat

On Eagle Beach you can rent chairs directly across from Paradise Beach Villas . They are located virtually next to Chalet Suisse . There is a restroom there as well > You may have to pay ($1) to use . Beach Villas let you buy food and drink from their poolside snack bar/restaurant . There are a number of vendors on Eagle Beach since the government tightened regulations on Palm Beach .