Dining on Oahu

Denali2003

Hello. We will be on the Star Princess for a 15 day Hawaiian cruise in October. Our ship will be in Oahu from 7am - 11pm. DH & I would love to have dinner on the island. Any suggestions? We are looking for something by the water with great views, good food - but not expensive, and Vegetarian options.

Thank you for your help.

Our favorite place by far is House Without A Key at the Halekulani Hotel... it’s actually more like a wonderful place to get beautiful scenery, drinks (the mai tais there are amazing), and appetizers... but, for my husband and I, it was our favorite spot- we love doing apps and drinks for dinner...

Everything with a view is pricey in Oahu- in fact most things are pricey... just the way of it... but we had a great time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suggest Lulu's. Great views, great food, and not crazy expensive. The portions are huge and enough for two. A couple beer and/or mai tais and an order of Kalua Pork Nachos is dinner for us!!! Not vegetarian but they do offer other items. There has recently been another recommendation of Lulu's and photos have been posted this year.

Second choice would be the Banyan Court at the Moana Surfrider, listening to the ocean, live music and sitting under the banyan tree.

And, after dinner take a nice walk along Waikiki Beach. The water is warm, skies beautiful, and the evenings are fabulous when the crowds are gone. Have fun. Cherie

Our favorite place by far is House Without A Key at the Halekulani Hotel... it’s actually more like a wonderful place to get beautiful scenery, drinks (the mai tais there are amazing), and appetizers... but, for my husband and I, it was our favorite spot- we love doing apps and drinks for dinner...

Everything with a view is pricey in Oahu- in fact most things are pricey... just the way of it... but we had a great time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From my experience that is one of the most expensive options. I do agree that it is an excellent experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Great suggestions.

For a great evening go to the House without a Key for a drink and to see the dancers then dinner elsewhere. The Banyon court with music and dancing is a little less expensive. There are some really great deals for "happy hour" with appetizer specials , like the revolving restaurant "Top of Waikiki" and the Hula Grill. The Hau Tree Lanai is very beautiful and good reasonable menu,close to the Aquarium, it has an "old Hawaii feel".

You can't go wrong with Duke's, great location and often life music.

Happy planning, Karen