POA excursion: Zip and Splash

Betsypaige

Has anyone done this excursion in Kauai?

Below is the description......I'd really love to zipline, and I love being able to splash down in what seems on the video to be a beautiful little swimming hole. Of course, the problem is, I can only do this on my 2nd day in Kauai (1st is booked) - and only at 8 am as we depart the port at 2pm - and I've been planning all along to do a helicopter tour in the morning. Of course, if I want to zipline in Hawaii, I know that I can do it at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu, so.......

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Soar high above towering trees and by breathtaking mountains. Experience the wonder of Kauai’s tropical paradise on a series of suspension bridges and six ziplines, totaling well over a mile of air time. Four of the six lines are tandem or side-by-side which gives you the opportunity to share a shriek with a buddy. The 1,800 feet tandem, center-dismount lines are the ultimate rush. A short hike through a swaying bamboo forest will bring you to a picnic lunch area at the spectacular Blue Pool and the Water Zip. Hold on to zip across the pool and splash in the cool, clear water or just float and enjoy the view. Imagine the most unforgettable adventure in the most incredible place.

• 2 weeks later...
We rented a car and zip lined at Princeville Ranch in Kauai and loved it. Fantastic experience.

Unfortunately that would definitely not be an option for me as it’s 42 minutes from where POA docks, and the ship leaves at 2pm that second day....Thanks, though!

You can also zipline at Pi'iholo Ranch on Maui.

Between the horse back riding and the zip lining, that place sounds amazing...l’m still so torn on what to do for my second as in Maui. I’ll have a long day the day before, doing the Upcountry/Haleakala Sunset tour, so I love the idea of doing the POA’s Maui Beach Day “excursion”. Then again, the part surf lesson, part day in Lahaina sounds wonderful - as does the 3 hour lunch ride at the ranch. Too many choices, lol...

As to zip lining vs helicopter tour on Kauai, I’m glad I have months to decide; I’m probably going to change my mind often, lol