Duty Free Balmoral

jocap

We were on Balmoral last Sept, but since then we've been with P&O, so I'm mixed up...do we buy duty free from the bar on Balmoral? I seem to remember buying brandy from the bar on deck 8, but not certain if it was from the shop? :confused:

Also- the food in the MDR was so very good that we didn't eat anywhere else, but this time we've booked one or two long tours...usually we eat dinner in the buffet when we do that.

Is the food reasonably good for dinner in the buffet? We couldn't fault it the rest of the time.

Thanks!

You will receive a form in your cabin that you can fill in to obtain duty free from housekeeping. Your cabin stewardess will arrange it for you. The prices are more supermarket than duty free. At the end of the cruise you will have the opportunity to purchase spirits at real duty free prices providing you have travelled outside the EU. The food in the buffet restaurant is the same quality as th a MDR.

Thanks for the answers.

We'll be in Iceland- which wasn't in the EU the last time I checked, so I don't know whether the prices will be easier. OH thinks that the brandy we bought was a good price... but that was in non-EU Norway.

I'll soon find out! :D

You will be fine returning from Iceland. The best bargain in my opinion is two litres of Bells for £20. You can get other spirits at that price too.

Thanks- it's probably what he was referring to, last Sept.

We weren't excited before today, because we've been having various dental work, but the last was today, so now we can look forward properly! Suitcases out... :D