Ok people, get me excited for my upcoming July 8 Spirit Adriatic cruise!!

sweetpea222

Make sure you’ve got yourself a good spot on the top deck for the arrivals at Venice and Valetta. Both stunning views, in different ways, when you arrive. I reckon about 45m-1hr before scheduled arrival time is best :)

We were on the Spirit for 14 days last year. She's a great ship. We also spent two days in Rome after the cruise.

Here is a link to my review which has plenty of photos of the Spirit and all the ports we visited, a few of which you are also visiting. Have a fabulous time! :)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2506769

I don’t know which ports you’re visiting, but I can tell you that the Mediterranean is like a drug, it’s so addicting! [emoji38] We went on our “trip of a lifetime” there in 2014 and have now been back multiple times. Italy and the Greek Isles have been our favorites. If you share the ports, I can give some more info. Happy sailing! We leave for our British Isles cruise in a few days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone! We will be sure to be on the top deck for those arrivals. Happy to be arriving a little bit later in the day so we can have a relaxing breakfast and enjoy the view as we arrive :)

We visit Dubrovnik, Venice, Koper, Split, Corfu, Olympia (Katakolon) and Malta with 2 sea days. We are in an inside room. Saving our $$ for the rest of our trip, which includes 4 nights in Rome and a week in both the south of France and in Paris.

Thanks for the link to your review Seahawksiren! I'll be sure to get reading :)

Dubrovnik- You can easily take the local bus into town. Walk the walls in about 45 min with spectacular views. I think they accept cash and CC.

Venice- Buy a vaporetto pass for the day (their water bus) or use the cruise line shuttle bus. Either way, the island is very walkable, and half the fun is wandering. You can use the vaporetto to get to the islands of Murano and Burano if interested. I highly recommend a private gondola ride; it remains one of my most favorite travel activities to date.

Malta- There’s a HOHO bus that will take you to most of the sites. The blue grotto cave boat ride was fun.

Rome- Pre-book tickets or take a tour to avoid lines.

South of France- simply gorgeous and has scrumptious food

Paris- Pre-book Eiffel Tower tickets online. The HOHO gives a nice overview of the city.

We haven’t been to Split or Corfu, but they both look gorgeous!

Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone! We will be sure to be on the top deck for those arrivals. Happy to be arriving a little bit later in the day so we can have a relaxing breakfast and enjoy the view as we arrive :)

We visit Dubrovnik, Venice, Koper, Split, Corfu, Olympia (Katakolon) and Malta with 2 sea days. We are in an inside room. Saving our $$ for the rest of our trip, which includes 4 nights in Rome and a week in both the south of France and in Paris.

Thanks for the link to your review Seahawksiren! I'll be sure to get reading :)

We visited most of those ports on our cruise...there is a review with pictures in my signature :) .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't sailed her in Europe but did a few times from the USA. She has small bathrooms and fairly small cabins, but take that away and you have a truly wonderful and absolutely beautiful ship. I am not sure I have been on one any prettier and I have done a lot of cruising on a lot of lines.