Passport expires 2 days after return

cruising on the anthem of the sea

Realized that my passport expires 2 days after my return too late for a new passport sailing in 5 days

Call RC and they said based on the intenarRy I should be fine

Bermuda , port Rico , st marten and Labadee Haiti I did my home work check passport requirement for all ports which was just a valid passport exception of Haiti however Labadee seems to be owned by RC and not requiring a passport

However I am still worried and was wondering anyone have confirmation for prior similar experience

If it's a closed loop cruise you will no doubt have passengers onboard who don't even have passports. You do have time to get a new one if you wish to go through the time and expense (the fastest way would be to do it in person at a passport agency) but it will be fine for this cruise. Also you could bring your birth certificate with you as a back up.

If it's a closed loop cruise you will no doubt have passengers onboard who don't even have passports. You do have time to get a new one if you wish to go through the time and expense (the fastest way would be to do it in person at a passport agency) but it will be fine for this cruise. Also you could bring your birth certificate with you as a back up.

I agree with everything sparks is saying here. For closed loop cruises, which depart and return to the same US port, you only "need" a passport in case of an unforeseen need to return by air to the U.S., such as being medivac'ed due to a health emergency, and even then, your passport will be valid until the day it expires.

I further agree you should probably bring your birth certificate along in case of the incredibly unlikely event that your cruise return is delayed a few days past your passport expiry, though the customs checks are quick and they might not even notice the date.

I agree with everything sparks is saying here. For closed loop cruises, which depart and return to the same US port, you only "need" a passport in case of an unforeseen need to return by air to the U.S., such as being medivac'ed due to a health emergency, and even then, your passport will be valid until the day it expires.

I further agree you should probably bring your birth certificate along in case of the incredibly unlikely event that your cruise return is delayed a few days past your passport expiry, though the customs checks are quick and they might not even notice the date.

Not true. You have to have a passport to cruise to Cuba.

Worst case scenario, you're not allowed off the ship in a port that requires a passport valid for another X-months.

But CBP should let you back into the country.

Not exactly, if a port required that a passport be valid for another x months (Cuba is the only country in the Caribbean that has such a requirement for cruise ship passengers) you would be denied boarding for not having the requisite time remaining. You are in the country when you are tied up to the pier and need to have valid documents even then.

So I checked the in person agency and they require appointments and I tried to find an appointment from now till sailing but no luck !

IF:

You are a US citizen AND

IF:

A passport is not a requirement for this cruise

THEN:

Your passport is simply fulfilling the function of both a photo ID AND proof of citizenship

However, if it will make you feel better, bring along a drivers license and a birth certificate - the same one you used to get a passport.

It's really simple.

So I checked the in person agency and they require appointments and I tried to find an appointment from now till sailing but no luck !

They most of the time take walk-ins especially if travel is imminent, but of course you have to wait until they can take you so you may have to wait most of the day. I personally would just go with what I have.

Thank you all for you quick responses

Looks like am going to take my chance and use my current passport I had already checked online with it

Will also take my BC as a backup

Seems that I should be ok !

I would be very surprised if the cruise line website would let you check in with a passport that wouldn't be valid at sailing. I know that Carnival's and NCL's websites will warn you if there is an issue.

While a passport in most likely not required for the OP's cruise, the same cannot be said for all closed loop cruises.

Many countries still require a passport, or even a passport with 6 months remaining. If on a closed loop cruise, outside the Caribbean, you should check the requirements for each country visited. If they require a Visa, you will need a passport. We considered a round Pacific RT from LA and US citizens would definitely have required a passport.

cruising on the anthem of the sea

Realized that my passport expires 2 days after my return too late for a new passport sailing in 5 days

Call RC and they said based on the intenarRy I should be fine

Bermuda , port Rico , st marten and Labadee Haiti I did my home work check passport requirement for all ports which was just a valid passport exception of Haiti however Labadee seems to be owned by RC and not requiring a passport

However I am still worried and was wondering anyone have confirmation for prior similar experience

Since you could make that cruise by using only a birth certificate and a photo ID, the fact that you passport expires two days after you return is a non issue. The only problem that you might face is if the cruise is delayed returning to the US for some reason.

I think I found your cruise here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?cl=32&startDate=2018-06&shipID=706

See http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/passportGuidelines.do :

U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as a government-issued birth certificate and laminated government issued picture ID, denoting photo, name and date of birth. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original, notarized or certified copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issues by DOS, or Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Bring your passport, bring your driver's license, cross your fingers, renew your passport when you get home.

You could also contact your local US or state legislators office for possible help if you want to try to get an expedited passport renewal. They would know if your cruise timeline might allow for that with their assistance. At least in my area in PA they can be very helpful.

You could also contact your local US or state legislators office for possible help if you want to try to get an expedited passport renewal. They would know if your cruise timeline might allow for that with their assistance. At least in my area in PA they can be very helpful.

It would likely only be worth that kind of hassle if a passport were required for the trip.

I think I found your cruise here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?cl=32&startDate=2018-06&shipID=706

See http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/passportGuidelines.do :

Bring your passport' date=' bring your driver's license, cross your fingers, renew your passport when you get home.[/quote']

No need to cross their fingers as they are bringing their BC