Parking near the cruise pier

Can anyone direct me where to park near the pier? I know about the Canada Place parking which is pricey.

Look at the posts lower than yours on this page on parking at Pan Pacific

Your best bet for cheap but secure parking is either airport long-term parking then SkyTrain into town (drop bags and passengers first then go park the car to avoid the hassle of schlepping bags), or a hotel+parking deal (most of these are out in the burbs with a shuttle to downtown included) - downtown Vancouver is pricey for parking all over.

With an Ontario location on your profile, it seems likely that you're flying in so it's a rental car? If that is indeed the case, the cheapest thing would of course be to return the car and not pay for parking or renting it while you're cruising...if you need another car after the cruise, it'll cost you less to rent another downtown anyway (YVR has pretty steep extra fees on rentals, and they apply every day adding over 20% to airport rental rates).

Your best bet for cheap but secure parking is either airport long-term parking then SkyTrain into town (drop bags and passengers first then go park the car to avoid the hassle of schlepping bags), or a hotel+parking deal (most of these are out in the burbs with a shuttle to downtown included) - downtown Vancouver is pricey for parking all over.

With an Ontario location on your profile, it seems likely that you're flying in so it's a rental car? If that is indeed the case, the cheapest thing would of course be to return the car and not pay for parking or renting it while you're cruising...if you need another car after the cruise, it'll cost you less to rent another downtown anyway (YVR has pretty steep extra fees on rentals, and they apply every day adding over 20% to airport rental rates).

Actually we are being picked up by my son who lives in Maple Ridge on June 28. We are then cruising together and will be leaving his car near the pier on July 1. But thanks for your thoughts and we are from Ontario.:):):):)

I'm not sure what you consider expensive but I found parking for cruise passengers at Canada Place for about $20.00 per day. I honestly don't think that's too much to pay for parking at the pier. While there may be cheaper parking elsewhere, you'd have to get to it, leaving one or most of you with the luggage while another goes to retrieve the car - wasted time, IMO.

http://www.canadaplace.westpark.com/cruise-ship-parking.html

Actually we are being picked up by my son who lives in Maple Ridge on June 28. We are then cruising together and will be leaving his car near the pier on July 1. But thanks for your thoughts and we are from Ontario.:):):):)

Well, that explains it. I assume your son doesn't have a buddy willing to drive you all & return the car home? We lived in Thornhill before moving to Vancouver - Markham or Vaughan side?

Edited by martincath