Limo Service, Vancouver to Seattle - Recommendations?

koolforkatz

Six of us will be sailing out of Seattle in September on a coastal cruise, return Vancouver. If we factor in the price of getting down to Seattle and then overnighting, it makes more sense to share a limo, plus one less day to take off work.

Has anyone done this before who could recommend a good limo service based out of Vancouver.

Thanks!

Not a direct answer to your question (I assume there are limo services but most seem to charge $100+ per hour for a minivan, and I presume you'd need to pay for the "deadhead" return, hence you're probably looking at $700 or so) but I can see a one-way rental of a minivan in September for $300 or less, using Avis or Enterprise.

Not a direct answer to your question (I assume there are limo services but most seem to charge $100+ per hour for a minivan, and I presume you'd need to pay for the "deadhead" return, hence you're probably looking at $700 or so) but I can see a one-way rental of a minivan in September for $300 or less, using Avis or Enterprise.

Thank you for that suggestion - as long as the van is large enough for 6 people and their luggage, definitely a possibility.

Six of us will be sailing out of Seattle in September on a coastal cruise, return Vancouver. If we factor in the price of getting down to Seattle and then overnighting, it makes more sense to share a limo, plus one less day to take off work.

Has anyone done this before who could recommend a good limo service based out of Vancouver.

Thanks!

If you can't find a limo that does cross boarder. You may want to consider Amtrak train service. I think there is a morning train.

I'd rethink the limo. At the border crossing the limo is processed with the buses and the wait can be bad, which means the cost will jump up. We were behind a limo last weekend (we were on a bus) and we all had a two and a half hour wait. It was frustrating for us, but it had to be double frustrating for that group knowing they were paying for each of those hours.

If you rent a van you will be able to go through the line for private vehicles. You will still have a delay but you won't be costing you extra $.

I'd cost-compare 2 full size cars or a minivan on one-way rentals (if you're a Costco member, definitely use them).

Failing that, morning train is most consistent timing (no border issues, train lives here overnight so no connecting service delays possible either) then Bolt/Greyhound/QuickShuttle early morning buses would be lowest-risk for a same-day and still affordable. While QS will take you right to the pier, for 6 folks it will be a metric buttload cheaper to do Bolt/GH and then take cab(s) from their downtown stops.

You might be able to FLY for less than the limo will cost, even divvied up by 6 people! Last time I checked into this, you were looking at $400 for a towncar fixed rate one-way to Seattle from Vancouver - to up that to a large SUV or Stretch is definitely going to raise the rates quite a chunk, and there's tax & tip on top (20% total unless you are going to stiff the driver). I could easily see you not getting much change out of a grand if you took a stretch...

I'd rethink the limo. At the border crossing the limo is processed with the buses and the wait can be bad, which means the cost will jump up. We were behind a limo last weekend (we were on a bus) and we all had a two and a half hour wait. It was frustrating for us, but it had to be double frustrating for that group knowing they were paying for each of those hours.

Yikes! I hadn't considered a wait of that length or that limos were processed with buses. Thank you!

I'd cost-compare 2 full size cars or a minivan on one-way rentals (if you're a Costco member, definitely use them).

Failing that, morning train is most consistent timing (no border issues, train lives here overnight so no connecting service delays possible either) then Bolt/Greyhound/QuickShuttle early morning buses would be lowest-risk for a same-day and still affordable. While QS will take you right to the pier, for 6 folks it will be a metric buttload cheaper to do Bolt/GH and then take cab(s) from their downtown stops.

You might be able to FLY for less than the limo will cost, even divvied up by 6 people! Last time I checked into this, you were looking at $400 for a towncar fixed rate one-way to Seattle from Vancouver - to up that to a large SUV or Stretch is definitely going to raise the rates quite a chunk, and there's tax & tip on top (20% total unless you are going to stiff the driver). I could easily see you not getting much change out of a grand if you took a stretch...

We figured about $900 or so, but given the prices of hotels in Seattle plus meals, etc., a limo still seemed cheaper split between us.

Amtrak and an early a.m. start is looking better and more sensible.

Thank you!

Yikes! I hadn't considered a wait of that length or that limos were processed with buses. Thank you!

We figured about $900 or so, but given the prices of hotels in Seattle plus meals, etc., a limo still seemed cheaper split between us.

Amtrak and an early a.m. start is looking better and more sensible.

Thank you!

Kenmore Airlines (not certain if it is the correct spelling) just started a float plane service from downtown Vancouver to Seattle. You might want to ask about group rates.