Bring packaged food back on board?

martikus

Do you think they would let me bring back from port if unopened? I would love to grab a few things I enjoy like ketchup chips. Things I can’t get living in USA as easily.

I know places like Mexico are picky but this is Canada. What do you think?

Do you think they would let me bring back from port if unopened? I would love to grab a few things I enjoy like ketchup chips. Things I can’t get living in USA as easily.

I know places like Mexico are picky but this is Canada. What do you think?

I think your fine bring food back on the ship.

Where you run into problems is taking fresh food off the ship. Countries tend to protective of any plant or animal products that have not be processed and could have bugs not native to that country.

Chips are a highly processed form of potatoes. Your not likely to have a problem with them.

The odd thing going back to the US is kinder surprises. To protect its children the US banes kinder surprise candy going into the US. Canadians don't quite understand why there is an issue.

Bringing back packaged food is fine. I have also brought back fresh takeout food from port too when there was not enough time to eat at shore. There were no issues through security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your fine bring food back on the ship.

Where you run into problems is taking fresh food off the ship. Countries tend to protective of any plant or animal products that have not be processed and could have bugs not native to that country.

Chips are a highly processed form of potatoes. Your not likely to have a problem with them.

The odd thing going back to the US is kinder surprises. To protect its children the US banes kinder surprise candy going into the US. Canadians don't quite understand why there is an issue.

Not just Canadians that don't get the Kinder Surprise issue - pretty much the rest of the world !

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app